We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mara Studios

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
222 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mara Studios

Looking at the Mara Studios this year. The reports say that they are abouy 400mts from the beach. Is this Valtos beach and are they located along the road behind the Parga Beach hotel where we've stayed before?

Thanks in advance

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mara Studios

Hi tellboy

If you look at my recent post asking for the location of Irinni Studios you will see the first reply from ginpop gives a link for a map of Parga and the Mara appears in the bottom right corner.

Yiamass, Jean

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mara Studios

The Mara studios are the opposite end of town, the nearest beaches being Piso Krioneri and Krioneri beach (town beach). They are on the road up to the Perivoli if you know where that is. Also on the same road are The Andreas and The Alfa. Nice quiet location and a short stroll to the beaches and restaurants.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mara Studios

tellboyessex, Read ALL the reviews regarding the Mara before booking.Check back through and see what you think then,they are as cheap as chips to stay there but very very basic.They are situated opposite the Alfa Hotel.We stayed there a couple of years ago but would not return as a bit too basic. Hope this helps.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mara Studios

Was in the Andreas last year just up from the Mara they didnt look that great to be honest i wouldnt have booked them, the Andreas would take some beating

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
764 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mara Studios

Hi, don't like to repeat stuff that has already been posted but in this instance.....listen to the last 3 posts. I have met people who have stayed - they wouldn't go back. They are nowhere near Valtos.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mara Studios

They are in a very good location, quiet, but within easy strolling distance of the town centre, harbour, beaches, bars and restaurants.

Some friends of ours have stayed here 2 or 3 times and when we had a look at the rooms they were more than adequate, enough space and a pleasant pool area (although a pool bar would be a nice addition for those people who like to sunbathe around the pool).

We never self cater so can't comment on the equipment or cooking facilities. There are so many really good tavernas and bakeries within a spit of the accommodation it's not worth shopping and, worst of all, cooking !!

I've just had a quick look at the latest reviews for the Mara and there is absolutely nothing sinister in these - a good number actually recommend the property.

If you want to use the Mara as a base then get out and about to really appreciate this lovely area, then I don't see how you could go far wrong. What time of year do you intend visiting as this may have some effect on your choice of location?

Best Regards

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mara Studios

Hi, have stayed in the Andreas, our first time to Parga 2 years ago. We then booked the Mara, as we loved Parga so much we wanted to return, and got a good deal. The property was adequate for us, clean bedding fine, and all we needed for a beach holiday. All we needed was a kettle, good shower, nice clean sheets and bed and that is exactly what we got, and at a very good price. Yes, I agree the Andreas was different and better but the money we saved booking the Mara nearly covered our spending money when we were there. We have booked again for beginning of July this year and are not bothered by the reports, as I said we have stayed there and know what to expect and that is clean, tidy basic accommodation, we spend very little time in the rooms anyway, so do not need luxury accommodation. Roll on beginning of July for our 3rd visit to Parga.

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mara Studios

Amazing how many people comment on properties they have not stayed in themselves, only what they see or read on here. As I said above yes they are basic but then my hubby and myself do not go on holiday to sit in the apartment we are out and about all day and then return just for a shower and return to sleep.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mara Studios

You're quite right - when we had a good look around them they seemed fine and I would quite happily stay here. As I've said, they're in a great location which, to us, is more important than a posh hotel 2 miles away.

Have Fun

portsmouth
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mara Studios

jojojolondon,Glad you had different experience than us at the Mara.We stayed there in September 2010 and our apt was damp,cold,had mouldy bathroom and fittings,we asked to have sheets changed again and again as holes and stains on them each time they were changed.. I agree the location is great and yes they are cheap.We have stayed in lots of basic apts throughout Greece,and dont need luxury either,but these were really too basic. We dont spend alot of time indoors on holiday but the damp smell at night wasnt nice to sleep in. We love Parga and are returning in May this year but not to the Mara.

Get answers to your questions about Parga