We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

liverpool
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

I am booking a holiday to Parga in late June 2012 but it seems the only way to do 10 days is to fly into Corfu and catch a ferry to Igoumenista. The problem is the ferry timetables dont indicate any ferries on a Monday and the return ferry appears to be full.Im confused on web forums people have said there are crossings every day throughout the day. We have a toddler and dont want to book flights only to be stuck in Corfu with our luggage! Are there any Corfu or Parga locals out there who might help??

Edited: 04 February 2012, 20:33
Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Cheshire
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

We have been going to parga since 1993 but this year are for the first time flying to corfu. The ferries are very regular and cost about 10euro each way pp. look at Parga.com and below picture is a link to local info est ferry times are there, We know people that regulary travel this way and have been told get a taxi to port from airport for about 10 euro 1.5 hr crossing all you need to do is make sure you are there in time to get last ferry out. Don't know what your plans are to get from Igoumenitsa to Parga but there is also a number on Parga.com of a reliable taxi driver from Parga.. June is a lovely time to go to Parga before it gets busy.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
liverpool
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

Great that supports what I thought although Im still nervous of the route if i can't pre-book tickets before i go, I will take a look at the Parga website and take it from there.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,490 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

The ferries from Corfu to Igoumenitsa are local ferries about hourly, tickets on a first come first served basis at the port. You don't need a timetable it's every day from about 06:00 to maybe 22:00 depending on season.

Your info is way wrong, dunno where you got that from.

There are also the usual Greek buses from Igoumenitsa to Parga.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

We have travelled many times to the mainland via Corfu, just be cautious as the ferry times can, and do change virtually on daily/weekly basis without notice. Advice would be that on the return journey check with the port the day before.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

As Retired Hippy correctly states, ferries between Corfu and Igoumenitsa run hourly and have done so for as long as I can remember so if the schedule does change, why would it matter?

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
England
Level Contributor
58 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

We did this journey last year, like you wanting a 10 day holiday to Parga. The taxi fare from the airport was 10 Euro. When we arrived at the port we had just missed a ferry but enjoyed a cold beer waiting for the next one to leave. We were worrried about arranging a taxi transfer from Igoumenitsa to Parga but neednt have as the taxi's were waiting as we disembarked. The cost was approx 45Euros each way. The night before we came home I called into one of the many travel offices in Parga and asked for the ferry times for the following day. I would really recommend this route for getting to Parga. The ferry crossing from Corfu was much better than a coach transfer from Preveza.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Preveza
Preveza
Preveza Region, Greece
7. Re: Ferry from Corfu to Parga-how frequent in Jne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Parga