We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

what will be our best option to visit parga summer 2013.The prices have rocketed,we want to come july 14th for a fortnight and the cheapest self catering is1600 which is farcical and will surely drive away potential customers like my family.Any help or ideas will be gratefully recieved

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,181 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

1600 for what? How many people?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

the 1600 is for 2 adults and 1 child at the stefanos apartments in valtos,parga.from 14th july for two weeks.this almost certainly means we will have 2 look elsewhere and we had our hearts set on parga. 1600 is the cheapest offer t.cook have thomsons is 1877

Edited: 26 April 2012, 20:28
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
880 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Hi yorkeano

I agree the prices are ridiculous. Did you know Cosmos also do packages to Parga. Their 2013 holidays are not on sale yet though. Looking at this year's prices they are no cheaper than the others. Flight time is great though at 07.00

Good luck, Jean.

Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

You could try changing the date from July, it is peak season after all.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Based on past experience 1600 quid seems to be a fairly average price for SC at that time of year, we paid about 1750 for three of us SC in Argassi last August.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Mitselakis,

<<you could try changing from July, it is peak season after all>>

No doubt you are aware that the UK education authorities do not approve of children being taken out of school during term time which means holidays in peak season. Perhaps you missed the fact that yorkeano has a child - I'm not sure whether your comments on the Parga forum today are meant to be evocative or provocative.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Just buying a flightticket and booking directly with the owner of the apartments would probably be cheaper.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

With flight tickets from the UK, at that time of year, coming in at around £350 - £400 per person (and a child would pay the same), then accommodation, then transfers - it is an expensive option. Booking directly with accommodation owners would start around 35 - 40 euros per night but, more realistically, 50+ per night for the room ..........

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
777 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Hi,

Well I stayed at Stefanos last August for 2 weeks and for 2 of us it cost about £720, which was a bargain. However I don't think Stefanos is worth £1600, and I would not pay it. It is a basic accom (like most) and very clean but it really in't worth that much. I would wait a while as I'm sure the prices will come down. It's probably the tour operators testing the water to see how much we're likely to pay, if enough of us don't pay it they'll have to reduce their prices.

Don't panic, you have plenty of time. Olympic also go to Parga but their prices aren't out yet.

Regards,

Michaela

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
851 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomas cook and thomson 2013 price increases

Hi, have to agree with Sadjoe. I've stayed at Stephanos in Valtos and £1600 seems too expensive for what you get and where you are located. You have picked one of the busiest times of the year but as conny says, ischools don't like you taking the children on holiday during term time. I was chair of a school governing body for a number of years and it was alway a topic on the agenda at the AGM. Not all stick to it and not all can if they have set hoildays. Taisy has mentioned flight only and I totally agree that it would be no cheaper, in fact i'd suggest it could be more expensive. As suggested above, hang fire for a bit and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations