We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heatwave this week .....

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Heatwave this week .....

Hi all,

Take care this week in the heatwave/ Temps are expected to hit 40c (real feel) on Thursday - drink plenty of water - don't overdo the alcohol (wish I had taken my own advice last night ... incredible hangover!) Wear light coloured, baggy cotton clothes - stay out of the midday sun (unless you are on a beach under an umbrella!)

This is when we in Greece pray to the god of air conditioners! Have a great time - just take care .... don't want to bump into any of you in Preveza hospital. OK lecture over - off to drink gallons of water and consume Ibuprofen!

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
707 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heatwave this week .....

Hi Asimenia,

warning heeded. Yes i'm back again.and it is pretty hot today too. Sat on balcony in the shade but.......well there is quite a lot of water in beer ;).

Have to say it's a lot better weather now than it was in May. Another 11 days to go, phew.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
808 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heatwave this week .....

Webcam said 32 deg yesterday!

Still raining in England.........................

Jean

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heatwave this week .....

Hi Asimenia

Yep, it was very hot the past couple of weeks, noticed a heat haze which was quite unusual for the time of year and Paxos, Anti Paxos seemed very misty. Had a couple of days pushing 40 degrees - we thought THIS was hot, but a heatwave coming ??? Phew !!! It seemed even hotter in Preveza.

Anyway, as Satriani says, there's a lot of water in beer ......

Keep taking the water and Ibuprofen:-))

Sent you a PM

Have Fun

Hull,UK
Level Contributor
145 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heatwave this week .....

Hi Asimenian ...you sound like me ( a nurse) may I just remind people on the high factor sun protection too? Have fun, stay safe :-)

Warrington
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heatwave this week .....

I am here now in Parga. It is so hot! The trouble is the humidity, the air feels really heavy. Never thought I'd say this , but it could do with being a touch cooler. The mozzies are enjoying it by coming out to play early ! I think they are invisible ones too ! It is still a great place with great food.

6. Re: Heatwave this week .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations