We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Bakery

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Old Bakery

Can anyone tell me what the restaurant in the old bakery is called please, cheers!

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Bakery

There are 2 old bakeries, which location?

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Bakery

just before steps going up to the castle, near the Table cloth shop, if that makes any sense. Thanks!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Bakery

You must be talking about Kantouni, its opposite Ephira travel and next to Eden the very good Bistro.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Bakery

Thats the one, yes of course it is opposite the travel shop! Cheers it was driving me mad! Never been to Eden, must try it next time, there are so many good ones to chose from and we try to spread our custom. Thanks again.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Bakery

Kantouni was never a bakery, always a restaurant. The old bakeries are where the Aenon cafe is now or the other one next to the Enosi supermarket (but that is not that old).

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Bakery

when i was there two years ago Kantouni was superb in a different league to almost every other restaurant we visited in two weeks

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Bakery

If my recall is correct Tassos does provide information in the taverna that it was a bakery along with some photographs, and yes cherub how right you are one of the best watering holes in Parga

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Bakery

Kantouni was an old restaurant run by the father of the guy who has the Milos studios, he had the place for over 25 years....if it was a bakery before then? I will check with my sources and report back.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Bakery

Ok, so my most reliable source, my 3rd generation Parginian husband, confirmed that before Kantouni was ever a restaurant, it indeed was a fourno, owned by an old Parginian family with the name of "Tsakas".....it was before his time as well, but he said his parents said the bread from there was great!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Bakery

And is any family with that name still resident to this day?

Get answers to your questions about Parga