We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarakiniko Beach

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Sarakiniko Beach

Hi Everyone

Can someone please tell me whether or not it's possible to drive down to Sarakiniko beach in a normal hire car? We would like to visit and possibly go to Taverna Christos or whaterver it's called. I realise we can go by water taxi but will have car for a week.

Efcharisto poli

Jean

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

Yes you can drive right on the beach right next to Taverna Christos.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

Yes, it is a pleasant drive down to Sarakiniko - but can be a little narrow and steep in places. Quite a large car park by Taverna Christos and also some possible parking spaces on the road if the car park is full. Have a wonderful time!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

You my friend have picked a winner by going to Christos. We drove there 4 weeks ago (parking's easy) and had 3 fantastic days on the beach, a cheeky 50m walk to Christos for a very very high quality lunch and drinks, a swim in the brilliant pool followed by 3 hours of sun bathing on their loungers, back to the beach then followed it all of by watching the sun set. Quite brilliant.

I am so so envious of you, as i have got another 10 months 2 weeks and 6 days to go (not that i am counting you understand).

Nigel

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

Hi Selebian,

It's about a 20 minute drive, quite narrow and steep in places but easy enough with care.

It's great getting there about 9 am with hardly anyone on the beach. Pick up some fresh bread, pastries, fruit etc in Parga then have your breakfast on the beach in Sarakiniko before others start arriving - bliss !!

We alternate between having lunch at Taverna Tou Christou and Agali (the high up restaurant overlooking the beach). Both have wonderful food and the views from each restaurant are wonderful. Have an ice cold beer first at Alex's Bar just to cool down.

Have Fun

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

Thanks everyone for all for your information, suggestions and best wishes. We will certainly give it a go.

Yiamass, Jean

6. Re: Sarakiniko Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Parga