We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parga town in august....

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Parga town in august....

Hello we are a family of 3 (10 year old boy) and are thinking of parga town this summer. Have narrowed it down to rezi, Adams and dracos. The question is which would suit us as a family? Pool table and ping pong would be favourable as I don't want my son to be bored, also what is there to do in town for kids and family's. Thanks.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parga town in august....

Hi hobnob

I have not stayed in either Dracos or Rezi but they get plenty of good reviews. Locationwise Rezi is the best. I have stayed at Adams and it was very nice but the pool is only small and it's about 25 mins walk to the beach and town (uphill on the way back). Look at these maps http://www.compurite.co.uk/parga.htm . the second one features accommodations.

Sorry we don't have any young children but there are numerous boat trips and water taxis to other beaches. I believe there is a mini golf in town as well. There are pedaloes and kayaks on the beach.

Maybe others with youngsters can make some more suggestions.

Parga is a lovely welcoming place.

cheers, Jean

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parga town in august....

We have stayed at a studio at Rezi but without children. Decent size pool and nearest to town as previouly said. Going to Dracos this year in May. When we went with our last child (older 2 had stopped coming) we tried to book family places to give her company. Have a look at the reviews of these hotels & see if others have mentioned children.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parga town in august....

Thankyou both for your input, rezi would be more practical I guess with a good size pool and shorter walk to town, I have looked at reviews during the summer holidays and there seem to be plenty of families at most hotels, so I'm sure he'l make friends, thanks again.

Warrington
Level Contributor
134 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parga town in august....

We stay at Dracos. I now have a 14yr old and 7yr old, both of whom have been going to Parga for many years. They have never complained about boredom and always make friends. Your son will love it and will make lots of friends. Take the boats to the beaches and go to Ali Pasha castle.

west mids
Level Contributor
497 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parga town in august....

wheres elena hotel situated cant see it on the map

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parga town in august....

On the map you will find the BP Garage.The Elena is not far up the side road from there.You can also get to them by turning left by the Perivoli Restaurant.

west mids
Level Contributor
497 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parga town in august....

thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parga town in august....

I have been to Parga twice and absolutely loved it. I'll try to get there again this year. In my opinion it didn't strike me as being a resort for children, especially in the evenings. It's fine in the day as the beach,pool, boat trips, Ali pasha castle etc will keep them occupied. But in the evening its more laid back and relaxing. Having said that we took a 10 year old (step grandson) and his friend and they made the most of it and they seemed to enjoy it but they had eachother for company.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parga town in august....

hobnob1970,

The beauty of Parga is that it is all things for all people with the exception of the cheapy, last minute deals that are so attractive to a certain type of holiday maker - this is definitely not the place that (at present) can not be compared to the likes of Kavos, Malia and Faliraki. This is possibly the main reason why it is so child and family friendly.

I was never a person to return to the same place for a holiday but almost twenty years ago my son persuaded us to return to Parga and the rest, as they say, is history.

Over the years I've seen nothing to convince me that this is not a place to take the kids - during the day you can get them to the water sports and at night take them to child friendly tavernas where they can feel a bit 'grown up'. During the day you can bring in a bit of archaeology and mythology if required (this seems to go down well with children and adults alike) or just let them 'pal up' with the other kids and enjoy a good splash about.

Enjoy it as we always do.

Spalding
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parga town in august....

We have been going to Parga since 2000 and our daughter who is 10 has been coming with since she was 2, this year will be her 9th time she absolutley loves it.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations