We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sol Web Cam

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sol Web Cam

Does anyone know what is up with Hotel Sols web cam as it seems to have frozen? I have noticed that it has been showing the same temperature and wind speed all week. Today its just frozen completely! Its nice to have a look and see how many people are around and to see the sun shining.Someone actually went in for a swim yesterday so it must of been quite warm!

Only another 8 weeks to wait....not that I am counting the days ;-)

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

The image looks frozen right now but the beach looks lovely (and less frozen than I am in West Yorkshire!)...

penteli.meteo.gr/stations/parga/camera.htm

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
752 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

Bear in mind that Parga isn't awakened from the winter yet. Sol probably is not open, and taking well earned holiday after a busy summer last year, and storing energy for this season. Siga siga, all will be well

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

http://www.ionion-realestate.gr/camera.html is another webcam that looks out over the jetty towards the small island, & it was working today. Obviously now dark. 5 weeks on Sunday for us...........Dracos here we come!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

Hotel Sol is open all year round I believe. And the webcam has been working most of the time with an occasional glitch. It was working fine earlier today but seems to have another issue.

I'm sure the hotel will do something with it to fix it again.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 20:40
Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

rtj70,

I think you'll find that SteveAndSoo was correct about about the Sol - there has been no sign of life this last few weeks other than someone hosing down the front a couple of days ago. I believe that the Sol is not open until next weekend (26/04). At present it's a delight parking down Riga Fereou including outside the Sol - but there again I enjoy Parga out of season and I'm lucky enough to have all this free time.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

When we were in Parga last Sept/October, I asked the hotel about them closing at the end of season. They told me they stay open - I was obviously misled by a member of staff there. Anyway the camera seems to be working again. I wonder if it's a problem at Hotel Sol's end or the website hosting the camera feed?

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

The Sol may well have been open throughout the winter but there is no sign of guests at present and it is a holiday hotel in a holiday resort - Parga is not the sort of place that attracts a lot of overnight trade out of season. All this will change soon as not only do the first package operators commence the weekend of the 4th/5th but we will see the Πάσχα celebrations.

Good morning SandS, what a view to behold today with that turquoise water in Lixnos - glad to be home Soo?

Edited: 17 April 2013, 07:04
Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

Mr C - concerning Πάσχα - see you messages ;-)

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Sol Web Cam

you???? meant 'your'

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts