We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
380 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

I just read in a blog that there are talks between Ryanair and Greek aviation authorities concerning the prospect of starting service from Ioannina starting this October. This would be a great boost for independent travel to Parga/Epirus. Fingers crossed..

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

I wonder which UK airports they would fly from? We are waiting for them to release next years flights from Prestwick to Corfu, going to try this route as it saves us driving to Manchester.

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
810 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

I believe the route in discussion is Ioaninna to Venice

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

It is going to be more than one route...and Ioannina works better than Preveza because Preveza is loaded with charter flights and they are the ones who don't want Ryanair there.Ioannina has zero charters so it is the ideal set up for Ryan...

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
25 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

A flight to Ioannina would be very exciting as it's such a fascinating city, and a gateway to a fantastic part of Greece.

Warrington
Level Contributor
134 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

This is interesting. I don't care who I fly with as long as it gets me to my final destination of Parga. I quite fancy doing our own thing and travelling independently but currently it works out more expensive. Fingers crossed for this as it might be a cheaper option for us.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

Any update on this as I have been looking at flights next year end on may from Manchester and at present only getting a quote from monarch £509.50 to preveza..never paid that much.

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

djsches - that sounds way too expensive, is this for 2 people or 1???

Cheshire
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

Hi Asimenia

That is just for 1 it is uk school holidays we are planning a birthday trip with 4 ladies 2 from Gatwick and 2 from Manchester but as one of my friends works in school we have to go in school holidays. Gatwick flights currently showing as 484.00 and they also want 43.00 for luggage.:( we are going to come as it is a special birthday year for 3 of us but if I had to pay that for my family could not do it. Jane

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

Have you considered a cheap(er) flight to Corfu, one of the frequent ferries across to Igoumenitsa then share a taxi to Parga?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair to fly from Ioannina?

Done Corfu in past got a great deal 2 yrs ago as easyjet released flights but they are Saturday from mcr and my accommodation is sunday - plus we are trying to arrive from mcr and Gatwick at similar time as I get picked up by friend whose apt we stay at. When we split accom cost between 4 plus flight and no trf cost we can do it for less than 600 for a week so think we will do it and try not to think how much flights cost .

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations