We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
384 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

We would like to go to Parga next June, (never been before.) Any suggestions where to stay please, also which tour operator is best for price and quality?

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

We have just come back after 2 weeks staying at Dracos Apartotel (Thomson, Thomas Cook & Cosmos). It is 15-20 mins away from the harbour centre uphill (or 10 mins downhill to get into town!) so if you are good on your legs then location is fine. The hotel is fabulous - clean, big rooms, lovely pool, well presented & cleaned, hard working staff - nothing is too much trouble.

We booked with Thomson and the rep (Jacki) is brilliant.

If you want somewhere without the uphill walking and nearer to the centre we liked the look of the Rezi Apts - great location near all the action but on a quiet side street. I think Thomas Cook go there.

Happy researching!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
384 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

Thanks for the info. I will look into the Rezi apts as we need to be on the flat, getting on a bit!!!!!!!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

Villa andreas is very nice with thomson

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

The Alfa hotel is good and on the flat also Hotel Elena apts (these are self catering). This year we stayed at Oasis Pension which was basic but good enough for us

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

We stayed at the Rezi in June this year. It's on the level into town, and close to some excellent tavernas, Yannis, Krioneri, Dokos and Perivoli to name but four. Its in the Thomson, Cosmos and Thomas Cook brochures. A very clean, friendly and good value hotel.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

We have stayed at Rezi, Valtos Beach & Dracos all good. As said Rezi is closest to town, Dracos about 10 mins, & Valtos the longest & steepest hill plus steps. Next year we are going independantly via Corfu & staying at Dallas studios, no pool, but right oposite town beach with everything on your doorstep. You will love Parga!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
384 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

Thanks again all great advice, we do prefer s.c. apts, looked at the Rezi but it's b&b. Is the elena hotel in any of the main operators? I'm still trying to convince my hubby to try Parga, he's not to sure. He docked there many years ago and didn't like the area. I think he has it mixed up with another area as everyone seems impressed with Parga. He would like to try Thassos. Our favourite place up to now is Skiathos.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
380 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay

It's similar to Skiathos Town in my view but better. Perhaps not so large and the harbour is more of a jetty than the marina in Skiathos Town but it has a nicer feel and loads better food. The castle and Panagia make it really pretty too. I also think there is more stunning scenery around if you hire a car etc than Skiathos.

Most people don't stay in Skiathos town anyway but on other resorts on the island and it's all those mad buses in every night or staying in the local resorts on the Island. Parga is usually either walking in to Town or water taxis which are a joy in themselves.

I think if you liked Skiathos you'll love Parga. But that is only my opinion. :-)

Redcar
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay

Hi busstop13, the Elena is with Thomas Cook and Olympic Holidays. We have stayed here many times and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
204 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay

Thanks for the info Johnnyd. Have just booked for Parga for next year. We like Skiathos so was interested to read your comparison Only 46 weeks to go, not that I'm counting! We are staying at the Alfa hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Parga