We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money (currently)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money (currently)

Hi. I'm desperate. Perhaps I should elaborate. I need to go to Parga. I can only afford £700 spending money though. We are a family of 3 who will eat a light breakfast, light lunch and a reasonably good meal at night with a couple of softs, a couple of beers and a bottle of wine. Obviously we'll need to be hydrated through the day and then there is the water taxis to catch one way each day. Can anybody please set my mind at rest and tell me if this is possible please

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Delizie
££ - £££, Italian, Pizza, European
The Meeting Place
£, Mediterranean, Greek
Agali Restaurant
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money (currently)

Hi.How long are you going for,if its a week you will be ok,but two weeks it will be very tight,you don't need to buy bottled wine as the local wine is nice and a lot cheaper.Self catering would be a lot cheaper then you could make your own breakfast and even a light lunch if money is that tight.

We always walk to Valtos beach as it does not take to long,only drawback its all up hill going,mind you we love walking and I am no spring chicken.

Hope you manage to go to Parga as its my favourite Greek place and I have been all over Greece,hubby prefers Skiathos,would not do to all like the same,we are going back to Parga in September and go every year.Hope that clears a few things up for you.

Anne.

Mentioned in this post
Valtos Beach
Valtos Beach
747 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money (currently)

You should do it if you're careful.

Balcony breakfast, Gyros lunch and non harbour front dinner ( or choose carefully) and you'll be fine.

We ate at some of the Taverna's near the castle and sub €40 for 4 of us, no starters but 1 litre of wine and a couple of fanta's which are the most expensive part.

Gyros is only something like €3 so simple from that point of view and 1.5 litres local palletable wine €3.20 in the supermarket for the apartment at night.

The atmosphere is brilliant so enjoy

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money (currently)

Hi Anne. Thanks very much for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that it's only a week we are going for didn't I? I mentioned the water taxi as my daughter has scoliosis and so can't walk uphill too much. Sounds like it's all systems go then. Fantastic. May I just clarify one thing though please? By 'local wine' do you mean from a carafe and if so what is the price for a litre. Sorry for asking so many questions and thanks a lot again.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money (currently)

All this information is brilliant it is building the buzz really well. Thank you. I really do appreciate it. The only problem now is I have a thirst for more ;-)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money (currently)

As this is for a week then sounds like plenty of spending money to me. We don't spend that in a fortnight outselves :-) But we don't use the water taxis, don't eat at the more expensive restaurants, make a sandwich to take with us for lunch most days and have a light breakfast at the apartments (toast with honey for example).

So I'd say you should have a great time if you can £100 per day!

Also we buy large bottles of water in the supermarket (cheap) and stick it in the fridge. Then fill up smaller bottles to take out with us to drink during the day.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money (currently)

I never thought about useful advice as well. I just thought about gaining information. You can't beat people's experience and I day the more we can help each other, the better.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
316 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money (currently)

We were in Parga mid July and found the price of food to be good,obviously the harbour front restaurants we found to be dearer but places that we ate at off the front were good value.We particularly liked Tzimas and some of their mains were starting at 6 euros,half a carafe of White/Rose was 3.50, very good value and a lovely family.Another was Perivoli where you were always served with a more than you could eat,sometimes a free starter on the house.

Water Taxi's from Valtos and Lichnos were 4 euros.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Valtos Beach
Valtos Beach
747 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Lichnos beach
Lichnos beach
443 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money (currently)

12€ a day is going to be a little expensive just for getting about (Valtos to town). Would a car taxi be any better then?

Mentioned in this post
Valtos Beach
Valtos Beach
747 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money (currently)

Hi.When we were there last year itwas 5-6 euros for a Litre,i always have a half which was 3 to 4 euros.In the local super markets you can buy it in 1nhalf litre plastic bottles for about 2 euros not the best in the world but its palatable and I am fussy about wine.Hope you have a great time.

Anne.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
316 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money (currently)

If i remember rightly the car taxi to Lichnos was 7 euros one way. It was 8 one way by water taxi.(two people).We walked to Valtos and got the water taxi back as i wimped at the walk back.

Mentioned in this post
Lichnos beach
Lichnos beach
443 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Valtos Beach
Valtos Beach
747 Reviews
Parga, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Parga