We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

We will be on a cruise which stops in Parga for one day in August (for 9 hours). What should not be missed?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

I would take in the town, have a walk up to the castle. have a coffee or beer and take in the stunning views, you could perhaps take the dotto train to Ali Pasha's castle if you have time

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Thank you!

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
747 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Hi if you fancy a bit of history after a trip to the castle, try the Olive Oil Factory

The Paragaea-Parga Old Olive Oil Factory is a private museum that opened its doors in June 2012. It is housed in a restored olive oil press and shows the process of olive making using traditional tools and machinery.

There are many nice restaurants either on the harbour or in the back streets. I think 9 hours will give you a feel of the ambiance of Parga but there is a lot more to see in the surrounding area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Great and thank you. I am very interested in the Olive Oil factory.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

I may be going against the grain here but the castle was a bit of a disappointment to me. Walking round the ruins there was graffitti, beer cans, used condoms and, in some of the buildings, human excrement. It very obviously wasn't looked after in that respect. My only complaint about Parga though! However the views from up there quite lovely so worth the hike for that alone.

I didn't make it to Ali Pasha's castle that time but hope to when I go back sometime this year (and that says something about Parga as I never usually go anywhere twice!).

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
372 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Crikey poo and condoms!! I dearn't ask how you know it was human LOL

Glad to say I never saw that. Did see some litter, though not a lot really, actually it is always quite common across Greece. Such lovely places and so little concern about keeping them nice.

I really didn't think it was too bad at the castle and the views down are stunning, some of my best holiday snaps.

For a person with limited time I think the walk up from the harbour to the castle past the shops especially in the evening and then maybe a restaurant for a meal with a view down to Valtos would seem like a good way to at least sample Parga and is a good recommendation.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Thank you for the info

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 21:55
9. Re: One afternoon in Parga what should we see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Parga