We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi hoping to go to parga next year. We are looking for self catering accommodation or B and B. Near the beach and the harbour and not to hilly! Where would you recommend? Would like yo book a package. Thanks

Blackpool
Level Contributor
239 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hi we have just booked for 2015 at the mara not stayed in this accomodation before but passed it loads of times on the flat opposite thde Alfa hotel (where you can purchase breakfast) if you wish only small 14 rooms but got good reviews and is ideally situated and very good pri e for 2 weeks in june only a suggestion but have a look on with thomson

Redcar
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Hi we have also booked for 2015 at Dracos appts. Stayed here before and we think they are one of the best properties in Parga but there are many more lovely places to stay eg, Villa Andreas, Elena, Alfa , Rezi, Mara and many more. All package. Book and enjoy, June is a lovely month to visit.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 10:28
london
Level Contributor
705 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Hi,

We stayed last year at the Alfa for our first time in Parga.

It was lovely ,clean & friendly & the food excellent. It is not far from the harbour ,5/10 mins.

We went on a half board basis which was excellent value & the food was always good. We did this as being our first time to Parga we were unsure as to how expensive it would be. We didn't find Parga expensive compared to the likes of Kefalonia . We did enjoy the food so have booked on the same basis this year.

Being new to Parga we cannot add many recommendations but we did look at the Villa Andreas which was nice especially if you want to do s/c as was the Utopia which is opposite the beach.

Leo

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

We have booked 2015 staying at Villa andreas.we always stay there.

Spalding
Level Contributor
247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

As previous poster's have said there are many lovely properties, but if you want to be on the flat then you need to be on sea side of the main road and if you have access to the map, you also need to be between the Football field and the town beach. I would say the 2 furthest out options are Dokos and Elena, then you have some options with Olympic, I think Harmony is one, then there are Alfa, Mara and Andreas, further along is Rezi and Oasis and right on town beach is Utopia. The Dracos is very nice but it is not on the flat.

england
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for the info . Do you know if the akis studios are on the flat.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

The Akis Studios are up a short gentle incline on the opposite side of the road to Dokos Studios/Taverna and in my opinion shouldn't be considered hilly. When I drive into Parga I usually park near to the school or football ground which are two minutes walk closer than Dokos or Akis and adjacent to the Rezi Hotel and Oasis Studios. I consider that I have parked in town if I am anywhere in this locality; all the properties mentioned are no more than a few minutes stroll down a very gentle incline to Kanaris Square, the start of the "promenade" area.

england
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

That's very helpful! Thanks

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
703 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

Hi gailEngland,

there have been some nice places mentioned already and as it happens, I (we) will be in Akis Studios (first time) on Sunday. Connysir has described the location perfectly so not too far to walk into town and only a gentle incline on the way back. Drakos (booked for June 2015) is much the same albeit a wee bit further out on the same road and so a bit further of an incline but not a hill. Villa Andreas (stayed 3 times), The Alfa and Mara are all nearly next to each other and on a pretty flat but 'rough' road/track. The Elena (stayed 3 times) is a couple of minutes further down a track just past Andreas The Harmony is slightly beyond the Elena. I would not say that any of these accommodations could be described as being hilly to get to. Hilly is in the other direction. For example Magdas (sorry independent but we have stayed there), Eleni / Maria Studios and the Alea Resort - now they are an uphill walk. The Rezi (we are there for the first time in October) is very central and Utopia (stayed twice) is right on the town beach but the price you pay will reflect on convenience and amenities provided. We are both 60 and the only place we would not stay again, simply because of the 'hill' is Magdas. Fantastic place but hard work to get back to in the heat or late at night - lots of steps too once you get there.

england
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

Thanks! You obviously love the place and I would be interested in your views on akis. We usually hire a car when we go away but from the reviews I am not sure this is necessary as there seems to be quite so bit to do with boat trips to paxos etc and the other beaches. Would you agree? Or if not what are the roads like? We are going back to lesbos in June and some of the roads there are only suitable for 4x4. Does the accommodation generally get booked up quickly - are we best to book early.

Get answers to your questions about Parga