We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather?

...This is getting serious now, I know it is probably warm, but its just not warm enough is it?....bah humbug....

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Should be OK by Thursday:

www.meteo.gr/meteoplus/cf-En.cfm?city_id=173

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

We have been round Lefkada today, reminded me of Argyll, lovely mountains &rain! Sitting on the balcony with a blanket round my knees but yest swam in the pool. Dont get lovely Greek food in Scotland though, & there are lots of walks to do around Parga if its not warm enough for beach.

doncaster
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

Hi Gracie49

I would love to know more about the walks around Parga!

We get fidgetty after a while & love to explore!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather?

We walked from Valtos to Anthousa village last week. If you go down the lane at the back of the Tango bar and keep walking until you see a sign on your left for Anthousa and castle take that path and when you come to a fork in the road go left. Just keep walking and it will bring you out in Anthousa. I had my Tom Tom GPS on and it was only 1.55 miles from our apartments which were half way up the lane at Valtos. However it's all up hill, lovely views just before we got to the centre.

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather?

hi Jillybobs

There is a paperback book titled Parga Walks.It is written by a guy called Lance Chilton.

It is available in some shops in Parga.

I have a copy which i use every year when in Parga.

There are some easy walks but also some long and difficult.

I suppose it depends how fit you are and also how hot it is when you are walking.

Happy Walking.

england
Level Contributor
247 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather?

I don't remember such a spell of bad weather at this time of year since I started webcam watching, it was certainly not like this in 2013 or 14 when we were in Parga at the end of May. I do hope the weather in Greece is not changing like the British 'Summer' seems to have done.

As others say though the walks are great and the food is much better than in England. Hope it picks up for our nextvisit in August!

Reading
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather?

I would also recommend Lance Chilton's book, but it seems to be out of print. The popular online book shops don't have it and the publisher's web site appears to have been taken down. If any of the shops in Parga still have copies, get it while you can.

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather?

Weather awful today for June BUT (much to MY dismay) it will be 28c real feel 32c on Saturday!!! It upsets me because I have my daughter's birthday party and I have to light the pizza oven and make pizzas!!!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather?

We have done the walk to Anthousa many times stopping in Cafe Neon fot a frappe. Also walked to Lichnos beach through the olive groves from just past the Perivoli taverna. Once walked to Sarakinikio beach &back as water taxi not running!! It was Lance Chiltons book we used initially for our walks too.

manchester
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather?

Just got back from Kefalonia not been great there either ,rain dark clouds most of day only warm cold at night ,what is happening it's been the same in Zante this last week as well .

Get answers to your questions about Parga