We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2015 prices so high.

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
2015 prices so high.

Looking to book for 2015 but looking way more than we paid for this year .don't know why.anyone any info why.

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2015 prices so high.

If you're looking at packages, I'm guessing that it's the air fare that's pushing the prices up. Flights from UK to Preveza seem to keep on going up every year, the flights are mostly pretty full so they can charge what they like, and they don't seem to be putting any extra flights on. Maybe you could consider travelling via Corfu (loads of cheap flights from all over the UK) and making your way to Parga by ferry & taxi, then booking your accommodation independently. Even with the taxi fares, it can work out quite a bit cheaper this way. It depends whether you're confident with booking your own accommodation and how you feel about the extra hassle -- it's not a lot of hassle (Corfu airport, taxi to port, ferry, taxi) but if you've a lot of luggage, kids etc, it's obviously not as easy as getting the tour company's bus from Preveza airport!

Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2015 prices so high.

Have you tried olympic holidays? I only paid 530 for two adults for two weeks with them this year

3. Re: 2015 prices so high.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 13:35
Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2015 prices so high.

£1500 for three adults for two weeks at the end of June with Monarch/Cosmos.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2015 prices so high.

Thanks all for your replies paid 920 for two for two weeks at harmony this June cost for same time next June 1150 'will probably wait till next year and try to get a bargain.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2015 prices so high.

Thats a real bargain, ware did u stay?

london
Level Contributor
705 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2015 prices so high.

Hi,

We've paid £190 more for the same week next year with Thomsons.

We 're doing half board so we're ok with it as the meals are sorted. Thomsons have cut the baggage allowance though. We got 20k this year but next year it's only 15k.,so we've had to pay extra for luggage as well.

Unfortunately we have to go in the school holidays so we always get stung on price.

Leo

Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2015 prices so high.

Im not there for two weeks but staying at the aristedes gardens got a beautiful pool! Total came to 560 with qarenteed seats together on plane and credit card booking fee!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2015 prices so high.

I posted something about a "new" Monarch flight I'd seen to Preveza, leaving from Manchester at 5.55am I think it was. It was on Teleticket and came out at £499 for 2 including bags. I've never seen such a low price but the weird thing is that if you search the Monarch site for flights it doesn't appear.

If it is a new flight at that price then that's great as it's getting more and more expensive every year.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2015 prices so high.

The days of leaving your holiday booking to nearer the time, in the hope of bagging a bargain, have all but gone. Most travel companies have reduced the amount of holidays they offer, as they have to avoid being left with unsold holidays . Those that are left are the less populat options, usually for very good reasons, although I am sure there will be some people who manage to secure fabulousholidays for £99, there always is!!

Get answers to your questions about Parga