We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Greek resort/island?

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derbyshire, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Which Greek resort/island?

I'm looking for a greek resort, mainland or islands that has a nice sandy beache and lots of beautiful scenery and greek charm, a nice harbour in not too far walking distance, so theres some where to walk to in the evening. Can any body recommend anywhere?

Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Have a look at Myrina, Limnos

www.limnosguide.gr/en

www.limnosgreece.gr/en

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

As you are on the Parga forum er... how about Parga? It has got everything you have listed and buckets of charm as well. Take a look through some of the posts on here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Definately Molyvos on the island of Lesbos lots of charm, lovely harbour,cobbled streets. Beach not so good but Petra down the road great.

London
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Oh, Parga, Parga, Parga all day long!! You won't be sorry.

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
597 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Yes agree Seville as have travelled in Greece over a lot of years because I love the people and their food . Chose Parga after a lot of searching for something really Greek that is different and found this forum too after to confirm that I made a fab choice!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Another vote for Parga. Been to Corfu, Crete, Zante, Rhodes, Kos, Santorini, Kefallonia, you get the picture we like Greece & now have been 5 times & going again next year.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

This thread might help you decide

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189452-i9710-k6…

Bristol
Level Contributor
17 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

I'm on the Parga forum as we are going in September. Skiathos is fabulous with plenty of sandy beaches to choose from - take a look at my reviews...

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
43 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

Hi, I would recommend Kefalonia as it has all the things that you mention , is not touristy and is breathtakingly beautiful. The Mediterranee Hotel in Lassi is perfect

Nuneaton...
Level Contributor
43 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Greek resort/island?

I need another Greek island as we have been to kefalonia 9 times!!! although it is stunning. I am disabled so can't do ferries very well, but we do love traditional Greek ???? Someone told me that Corfu has a Boots, Debenhams and Next, I don't think I would be too keen on that I would prefer 'unspoilt greek islands' if you know any , without too much hassle I would be eternally grateful

Get answers to your questions about Parga