We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Loaded Cash Cards

Verwood, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Loaded Cash Cards

We are considering taking a pre loaded cash card FairFX to Parga in August. Looking back a couple of years the general opinion on this Forum seemed to be most tavernas etc take cash only. Can anyone in Parga recently update this - are these cards any more acceptable for paying directly for meals etc now?. I know we can withdraw cash from the ATMs but wanted the convenience of paying by card if poss? Your comments much appreciated

Lidingö
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Loaded Cash Cards

Cash is best. The card cost is about 4% for the taverna/hotel.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
115 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Loaded Cash Cards

Cash is best for the taverna owners.

If you get a card from thomas cook and put £1000 in euros on you get €50 free.

Withdraw the cash in two goes it only cost €2 per withdrawal.

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Loaded Cash Cards

Everyone accepts cash, not everyone accepts cards, so you'd have to check before you sit down to eat (even if they have a credit card sign on the door, it doesn't mean their machine is necessarily working!). Even the people who can accept cards still prefer cash, because the card companies charge them such a lot. So I find it's easier to use cash and everyone is happy. I've got a FairFX card myself and it only costs E1.50 for each withdrawal, so if you withdraw a biggish sum each time, it doesn't work out too bad, especially as they give you a pretty good exchange rate when you load the card in the first place.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 09:53
4. Re: Pre Loaded Cash Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Parga