We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to me !

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
New to me !

Hi,

Will be coming to Parga for the 1st time at the end of August, looking forward to it as i have wanted to try it for a couple of years but could'nt get the weeks I wanted..... Having seen the seafront webcam, just wondered what its like in the town beyond the promenade ? Is there lots of streets ect.. I will be staying at the Rezi Hotel, Thanks in advance for any info.....

Binny .....

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to me !

Hi Binny.

Yes there are lots of little streets, nooks and crannies,restaurants, bars, to explore.

Have a little look at this youtube video, should give you an idea of Para.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTXxOBTF-Ds

Have a great time.

Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to me !

Thanks for the link, its lovely and i cant wait to see it for myself, it looks perfect.

Many Thanks,

Binny :-)

Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to me !

Hi we are in parga at the minute and its our first time. All i can say is the webcam and photos videos ect dont do it justice its out of this world!!! We swam over to the little island today and also snorkled round it its a must such great views

Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to me !

Sounds great !! I have been to a lot of the greek islands but not on the mainland before, it looks a stunning place......... Lucky you ! enjoy the rest of your hols,

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
195 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to me !

I am sure you will love Parga. The Rezi is in a good spot, nice quiet location yet only a few minutes walk into town and to the beach. Lots of tavernas and restaurants and some great shops in the little back streets. I have also been to several Greek islands but Parga my favourite place so far.

Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to me !

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, glad its not too far from town. Sometimes the description from the tour operators are not always accurate about the location ect...... It's great to hear that.! We went to Skiathos two years ago and that is our favorite up to now. Watch this space !! lol

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to me !

Hi Binny

Have you tried this webcam also? It works on Chrome for me although I think some people have had difficulties

http://www.ionion-realestate.gr/camera.htm The camera is situated further round the bay and shows the little jetty where the boats are and another view of the little island.

Enjoy, Jean

Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to me !

Thanks Jean,

I will have a look,

Bolton
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to me !

Hi Binny, you're in for a treat! We've been twice, latest in May last year, and really hoping to go again later this year. It's a little gem, feels like an island as it's tucked away by itself, but big enough to keep you entertained as long as you're not a nightclub person! Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from; our favourite restaurant is a newish one 'Toros' in the back streets, fabulous food and service. Chose it for our last evening. The 5 senses is also very nice, and Perivoli just up the road from there. We like the Bacchos bar best, very friendly and we got little snack plates when drinks were ordered - big enough for lunch, be warned! It all feels terribly safe, not like here, and the people are lovely but you probably know that already! I can recommend a trip to the olive museum in the town, no travelling and plenty of interesting information about Parga's history.

We also enjoyed a trip to the Acheron river.

I had the best pedicure I've ever had in my life, a proper little salon in the back streets further away from the front. I was going to have a manicure as well, but having fallen and broken my wrist the day before it was no longer an option! (I must say the healthcare I got was great, better than I've experienced locally.)

If you're interested in the salon I'll try to dig out the name, I've kept her card somewhere.

Enjoy your trip! Gill, up the road in Bolton :)

Bury lLancs
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to me !

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your info ! we will certainly take up your recommendations for places to eat, and maybe even the pedicure..... if my tootsies need some pampering after a long walk, ha ha

If you can think of anything else please let me know,

Lynn :-)

Get answers to your questions about Parga