We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parga in September

Korsnäs, Western...
14 posts
Save Topic
Parga in September

Arriving in Parga for a week September 15th. A bit worried now that I have seen some weather forcasts.... It seems like it going to rain and thunder with rather chilly evenings.

I understand that the weather is hard to predict. World like to know what the weather normalt is like in mid September in Parga. Should I bring a lot of warm clothes and expert rain every other day?

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parga in September

We always go same date as you and have had a bit of rain sometimes and a odd thunder storm but it is still warm during the day still wear shorts and sundresses,last year I had to wear a cardi an odd night,but it does not get cold.Do not remember any rain last year,look on the bright side at least its a lot warmer than here,we prefer it in September.

Lancs
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parga in September

We always go in Sept - last year there was a bad storm early evening but the rest of our stay the weather was glorious, the sea water like a bath and the evenings lovely, I took a light jacket just in case but no need for a sweater - enjoy !!

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parga in September

We also usually go in September, and always gorgeous, may get the occasional spectacular storm but I really enjoy them. Also sea at its warmest!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parga in September

We have only visited Parga at the end of Sept and beginning of October. The last time we went (in 2012) it was very hot (not warm, hot) the last week of September. And still okay the first week of October. The week before we arrived was not so good apparently. I would think the weather will be acceptable.

The other time we visited in 2010 we had some heavy downpours and thunder storms. Still did lots of walking etc. Weather was okay but not as good as we had in 2012.

Korsnäs, Western...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parga in September

Thank you! I'm sure we'll have a lovely holiday :)

We are staying at Dimitra. Last year we stayed at Elena for 2 weeks in June.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parga in September

Last September was baking! The weather was just beautiful and very warm at night. Went in June this year and the weather was quite disappointing for the first 3 or 4 days, including a torrential downpour. It was quite chilly in the evenings too - won't ever go 'early' again!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parga in September

Im going to Parga on 4th September and Im a bit worried now about the weather :-/

Should I?

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parga in September

Don't worry, it will be fine. Even if it does rain, you're still on holiday in beautiful Parga, sit in a bar and watch the sea until the sun comes out again!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parga in September

Youre right, thanks. I forgot its about to calm down, enjoy the vacation and not to worry about everything as in rest of year full of stress :)

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parga in September

We always go in September, except for one year when we went in May. We don't go until 25th September, and not worried at all. I really hope you have a lovely time. Parga is wonderful.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations