We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Hello,

We will be traveling from Meteora to Ioannina in July this year.

I was looking at the forum for information on bus schedules.

I also looked at the ktel websites.

Seems like there are two buses daily, which comes from Trikala and goes to Ioannina via Kalambaka. The timings are morning, around 9:00 and late afternoon, around 3:30 (pls correct me if I am wrong).

But nowhere I could find out how long the bus ride actually takes.

Judging by the distance it should not take more than 1.5 hours.

But this being a public bus, I am not sure how many stops it makes etc etc....

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Your timings are correct for the bus leaving Kalambaka but I would think that the journey time to Ioannina will be nearer to 2½ hours. The route is not straight forward along very fast roads; I drive this route in a fairly new, large saloon and without following the same route and making all the stops I would expect it to take me 1¾ hours.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Thanks ConnySir.

So a car without making any stops takes ~1.5 hours and the bus is likely to take 2.5 hours?

Are these buses comfortable with air-conditioning?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,609 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

yes,all the intercity buses in greece are comfortable ,with air conditioning and punctual

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Thanks. that is good to know.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

We took the bus from Kalambaka to Ioannina in late October, 2013. I think the trip was around 2 hrs. We had been staying in a hotel in Kastraki and the hotel owner rang the bus station and booked seats for us. It wasn't peak tourist time but the bus was still full, so I would strongly recommend booking your seats the day before you intend to travel.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

Thanks nanny56 for your help.

we will make sure to buy the tickets as soon as we get into kastraki.

7. Re: Bus from Meteora to Ioannina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 21:17