We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
where to go

Just been to Kephalonia and would like to try another island next year ...which should it be ???...Paxos, Lefkas...expensive to get to ? or a peaceful bit of Corfu . Would welcome your comments

thank you

peterborough
Level Contributor
982 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go

We are trying Lefkas next year for a change, love Kefalonia and met some one on holiday who said if we liked Keffie we should try Lefkas.as we would love it.....obviously can't recommend it yet though :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,921 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go

When are you thinking of going ? Personally, I love Paxos. Reachable from Corfu.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go

Each of the Ionian islands are very different from the other ones. On my personal opinion Corfu is quite lush and has a multicultural/cosmopolitan feeling (Italian influence and all that), but it's has a less traditional and more touristy feeling than Kefalonia. Zakynthos is touristy too, but has some fabulous beaches and easy to reach. Lefkas on my opinion has a more mainland feeling in parts,with its olive groves and less raugh plantation, it has some absolutely fantastic beaches but they are a bit hard to reach. Ithaca I guess makes for more raugh and quiet holidays, Paxos (and Antipaxos) get many day-trippers to concidered quiet, although I admit I am not as familiar with those.

It is a personal call.

If hiring a car is an option, and you like exploring and taking day trips to different places, I'd go for Lefkas. I'd go with Zante for its sandy beaches and in Corfu heading in its more quiet pebbly beach resorts. If staying put in a traditional setting and like to get it really slow, I would head for Ithaca.

Of course just my opinion, and of course such sort description doesn't make the islands any justice, but just some pointers.

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go

If you are thinking of going to Lefkas you will fly to Previsa. Another consideration would be Parga, on the mainland, but quite beautiful. You can day trip from there to Corfu or Paxos, and in my opinion, the town is much prettier than anywhere on Lefkas.

5. Re: where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 02:15