We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

Hi,

We are going to Zante in May 2014 for a wedding and from here would like to "hop" to Ithaca and ideally fly home from Kefalonia. Can anyone tell me if you can get a ferry from Zante to Ithaca or if you have to go via Kefalonia and does anyone have any good ferry website recommendations? Finally, how long would everyone recommend on the islands of Kefalonia and Ithaca?

Many Thanks,

Claire

Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

For ferries look at www.openseas.gr. You can scroll back to May this year which will at least give you an idea of what was running. No guarantees of course for next year and its far to early to see timetables for when you are travelling.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

It is really a 3 weeker. Maybe 7 ni Zante, 4 ni Ithaki, 10 ni Kefalonia.

You can go this way:

Zante > Kylini(Mainland) > Kylini > Poros(Kefalonia) > Argostoli > Sami > Piso Aetos(Ithaki).

Then of course you would have to go Piso Aetos(Ithaki) > Sami to get a flight from Kefalonia.

Ferries are daily, starting early for the 1st move, expect waits of hours in Kylini/Sami with possible overnights. It's syncing 3 ferries and swopping ports on Kefalonia.

It's not the only way, but I suggest that way as I know it can be done with bus connections.

You can use http://www.gtp.gr/ to suss the ferry connections as they are at the moment. It will be similar next year.

Bromyard, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

There is no direct ferry link between Zakynthos and Ithaca. The direct ferry between Zakynthos and Kefalonia is unlikely to be running that early in the season, so you would need to go via Kilini. There are many ferries each day between Zakynthos and Killini, and I would have thought that if you caught one of the earlier ones you'd be able to get over to Kefalonia on the same day.

4. Re: Greek Island Hopping/Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:17