We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Anyone reccomend some great locations , beautiful views to get married in Kefalonia?

Thanks

Danny

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Hi there

Look no further than the village of Assos on the north west coast. Little fishing village, stunning location and featured in many scenes from Cap Corelli. The final scene of the film where the locals were all walking down the zigzag pathway is the track that leads up to the ruined castle from the village. Nowhere else on the island comes close.

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Skala any good?

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

??????????????????

Hi GB expert,

Don't know where you got this info from but Assos was not used at all in the filming of Captain Corelli!!!

If you are getting married in Kefalonia, be sure to check out where the actual ceremony will take place. Lots of people are disappointed when they realise they cannot get married at a church (unless you are Orthodox?).

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Pelagia's house was between Mirtos and Assos you can see Assos in the background. The Little church in Sia was also used.

england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Dandare,

There is a beautiful little chapple in the 9 Muses Hotel in Scala, it is a lovely setting for a wedding. If I was getting married again, I would go there. Infact, maybe I need to talk to hubbie, are we really married!

Laughing aside, it is a great hotel, and Scala is a nice place to stay, with good restaurants and bars and a local feel to it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

I know people who got married in Skala and the only locations at the time were Skala town hall. They weren't particularly impressed. The other option may be the one Asty mentioned which is the chapel at Nine Muses hotel.

london
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

HI,

I know I will do the paperwork in Skala town hall and can have the ceromny elsewhere, I know the 9 muses has a a chapel that can be used for civil cermonies, jjust wondered if there were places with amazing views over the ocean anywhere like a few places I have seen in Santorini?

9 Muses does look gorgeous, location looks great also.

Any other places people?

Anyone got married in Kefalonia that has some great advice?

Thanks for all your comments though very helpful.

Dan

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Assos features in many of the backdrops to several scenes, it is clearly visible and unmistakable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

I have to agree with GB, I'm sure I spotted Assos in a few scenes.

I don't recall that you can get married on the beach in Skala, Dan. I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure Nien Muses will be the nearest. You can also book a horse & carriage whilst in resort to take you to the ceremony. I saw quite a lot of wedding parties using them.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great locations to get married in Kefalonia?

Assos was definitely in the film!