We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to kefalonia

ROC
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flights to kefalonia

I was initially considering Zante but I think Kefalonia would be much nicer. WE will be travelling from Dublin but will stay overnight in Gatwick and get a charter package to leave the following day. I would appreciate some advise on where to look on the net for reasonably priced charter packages.I looked at Thomas cook and first choice already.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to kefalonia

Hi,

You could look at Monarch and also Olympic Holidays. What about flying into Stansted and then using the Thomson flight from Stansted?

Stockport
Level Contributor
979 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to kefalonia

Have you tried holidayhypermarket.co.uk ? It's a price comparison site, that has holidays from different operators.

Elaine

London, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to kefalonia

Thomson also fly from Gatwick

ROC
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to kefalonia

thanks for the advice, have been looking at deals from Mancehster too. We will be on holiday for 2 weeks but dont think we want to rent a car is Kefalonia ok if you dont rent a car and where is the best place to stay if you dont rent a car i.e. near nice beach, restaurants etc. Would anyone recommend another island as nice if driving is required for kefalonia.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to kefalonia

Hi there

Kefalonia is a stunning island but the bus services are a bit thin on the ground and really only exist to get the locals to and from work. You can reach most places on the island from the bus station in Argostoli but there are at most 2-3 buses per day and they don't give you that much time in the place you want to go to.

Driving on the island is simple - the roads are good, tend to be pretty quiet and stories of crazy Greek driving are wildly exaggerated. Take your time, enjoy the ride and views, and you'll have a great time exploring.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to kefalonia

Hi there

Kefalonia is a stunning island but the bus services are a bit thin on the ground and really only exist to get the locals to and from work. You can reach most places on the island from the bus station in Argostoli but there are at most 2-3 buses per day and they don't give you that much time in the place you want to go to.

Driving on the island is simple - the roads are good, tend to be pretty quiet and stories of crazy Greek driving are wildly exaggerated. Take your time, enjoy the ride and views, and you'll have a great time exploring.

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights to kefalonia

We booked our flights through Exclusive Escapes on the internet. They mainly offer package holidays but also sell some flights only. We flew from Heathrow. When we went they were cheaper than going with the usual charter flight operators. I think its about £250 return, including meals, baggage allowance and pre-booked seats - they use bmi and the seats are more roomy than ususal charters.

8. Re: flights to kefalonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 06:21