We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned from Nine Muses

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned from Nine Muses

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice here on Cephalonia. As Americans, we were an anomaly on this island and at this resort, but we had a fabulous time. The owners and staff were wonderful, friendly and engaging. Peter and his daughter, Angel, were very accomodating and we were treated to Peter and Irene's homemade wine and fresh figs. We stayed in the Family room and our girls stayed in one of the suites and they were both beautful, clean and spacious. Skala was the perfect central location on the island and we explored most of it. We ate in Skala every night, but one and never had a bad meal. We especially liked Mi Abela, Aquarius and Lemon Sugar. We rented a car for a week and visited Fiskardo, Poros, Sami and Argostoli, but felt Skala was the best to stay of all of them. If I can answer any questions please feel free to email me. Thanks again for all the great tips and info!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

Brilliant glad to hear this, I'm going to stay there myself in just over two weeks time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

Can you enlighten me where Lemon Sugar is? I'm assuming it's a new taverna. Just curious to know. Thanks.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

Hi there

Good to hear how much you enjoyed Kefalonia.

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

I don't think it's new, but it was recommended for light dinner, desserts and drinks, by Angel at the 9 Muses. We went for dessert and drinks twice, and it is run by a woman, Nectaria (sp?) and her brother...who made us some great mojitos! The first time there she brought us some shots of cosmopolitans instead of the traditional ouzo, and a shot of oj for our son. He's 19, so he was a little insulted that she thought he was underage, but we loved it! I'm not totally positive, but I think it is located next to the great italian rstaurant, whose name I can't remember, and 2 spots down from Aquarius. We ate in so many places that I can't remember all of their names and locations. We also had a wonderful dinner in Fiskardo at a place called Irida's.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

I know where you mean, Thanks. Dont' remember it being there last year, the Italian was but unfortunately we didn't get to eat in it. Liked Aquarius but our favourite was Pines.

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

Happy to help, we ate at Pines, but it was not one of our favorite meals of the trip...it may have been what we ordered though. I know others have raved about it.

england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

I am really pleased you enjoyed Scala and the 9 muses. It is my favourite place. In a few days time, I will be booking up for next year!

8. Re: Just Returned from Nine Muses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 05:16