We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

Scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

Hello

My wife and I are off to Skala Kefalonia with our 10 year old daughter for the 1st time on 5/7/09.

We are looking forward to it but I must admit to being slightly apprehensive regarding activities for our daughter having read some reports.

Dont get me wrong, we love the Greek Islands and have been to Crete, Kos, Rhodes and Corfu previously and had a great time at them all.

I was hoping someone could answer the following in order to reassure us that we wont have a bored 10 year old for 2 weeks.

Is there a water park on Kef- or if not is it possible to visit the one in Zante on a day trip by ferry?

Is Kef a family resort, specifically Skala, (we thought it was when we booked but some reports say that it is REAALLY quiet-Is this the case?

Any help, info shall be greatly appreciated as , well, you know what its like. You work hardall year to afford a family holiday and I would hate to think we have made a poor choice of resort, although I hope not as it does look great.

Thank You

Gordon

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

Scala is a lovely family resort, however there are no water parks near by. Many of the hotels have pools, and there is the beach.

We went to Zante for the day, it was a long day, but we enjoyed it.

However, I am sure that you will love Cephalonia, many families take children and I have not heard of one yet who did not fall in love with the place.

Where are you staying?

Do not worry!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

We've been taking our kids to Kefalonia for years and they love it. As Asty said you can do a day trip to Zante. There are also other boat trips you can do. One company operates a little taxi boat service to Poros and Katelios. Katelios has a lovely little beach. The other company offers trips to Ithaka, Fiskardo and Zante as well as a trip round Skala bay in their glass bottom boat, which my kids loved.

There's also an outdoor play area (I think called Giraffe),or there was last year with games and mini golf.

There's also horse-drawn carriage rides and a mini train as well as a bar which has a pool table and a few electronic games in the back. As well as a small park near the church.

It isn't really quiet, it's one of the busiest resorts on the island. There's at least 25 tavernas, a few music bars and a couple of bakers as well as a few shops and 4 supermarkets.

Hope that helps put your mind at rest.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

Hi there

You have made neither a poor choice of resort or island, you will love Kefalonia and Skala for sure. There's no waterpark on the island but there are stunning beaches, amazing scenery, wonderful antiquities and lovely locals.

You can also cross over to Ithaca from Sami on the east coast (about a 45min drive from Skala)and I would recommend that for one day trip. I'm sure your daughter won't get bored at all.

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

To everyone, thank you for taking the time to reply to this.

Your remarks and comments are extremely encouraging.

Wearestaying at the Zephyros hotel for 14 nights.

Regrds

Gordon

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

I have heard good things about the Zephyros. I was talking to a Thomas Cook rep whilst there and she said that it was a good property. I was asking if they had a contract for the rooms which sleep four (unfortunately they didn't, and she said it's a big problem getting them in Skala).

6. Re: Kefalonia / Zante-Ferries and waterparks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia