We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cephalonia with Toddler

manchester, uk
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cephalonia with Toddler

Dear All,

We're due to stay in Fiscardo for a week in May with our 2 year old

Some advice please.....

i) It is likely to be beach weather?

ii) Reccomendations for large supermarkets, for fresh food nappies etc, as i remeber from my last trip that most are quite small

iii) Availabilty of pasturised whole milk for the baby

iv) Any tips for keeping baby occupied!

As always,

many thanks

yadav

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cephalonia with Toddler

Hi there

When exactly in May will you be visiting? There can be quite a change in the weather during May with the beginning being unsettled and the end being warm and sunny. No doubt that if the sun is out then it will be beach weather but I think it would still be too cool to swim as the sea won't have warmed up much by May.

Most shops are small but most are well stocked and you should be able to find everything you want for the child. Assuming you are arriving on the island at the airport, you'd be best off stocking up on a week's supply of nappies and so on at one of the larger supermamrkets in Argostoli, at least then you won't have to worry about it. As far as keeping the baby occupied, I suppose you'd just do whatever you usually do to keep him occupied, it won't make any difference to him whether he's in the UK or Greece.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cephalonia with Toddler

Hi & welcome yadavsingh,

You dont say when in May youre going, we go the last week in May/first week in June and it has always been hot enough to sit on the beach although there is sometimes a cool breeze coming off the sea.

Unless you are incredibly brave I wouldnt advise swimming in the sea though- it will still be very cold!

In the last couple of years a number of new supermarkets have opened, one in the harbour next to the first set of steps down, one at the back of the harbour where the little road in comes to an end. The newest and biggest (though not huge) is on the outskirts of town, just below the Panorama taverna, where the road goes down to Emblissi beach. I would have thought that between them you should be able to get all your essentials.

As for tips for keeping baby occupied - hmmm, will need to pass on that one I'm afraid.!!!

Have a great holiday.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cephalonia with Toddler

Oops was still typing when GB posted so abit of duplication there!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cephalonia with Toddler

You should have no problem getting pasteurized whole milk. We took both of our children to Kefalonia as toddlers and had no problems with the milk or nappies. Bear in mind a small pack of nappies in Kefalonia will be about the same price as a large pack here.

5. Re: Cephalonia with Toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 07:16