We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

We are on the cusp of booking this but it seems it can only be done on a package basis, so can anyone suggest the best room for view, size and quiet position? Also, can anyone suggest who we could fly with that will offer Club seats or if you can only get extra legroom is this awful? Any other tips/suggestions would be great.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

I think this is with First Choice or Thomson isn't it?

I think WelshTraveller111 has been a few times. It might be worth sending him a message on here.

There are no airlines as far as I know which do Club Class but Thomson do normally do leg room seats which you can pay for at the time of booking. I have a feeling they are around £30-£50 per person. You can book them if you book through a travel agent so I assume you should also be able to get them if booking on the web too.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

I stayed in Villa Costa a long time ago in 2007.

From reading the recent trip advisor reviews it looks like the staff have changed with the exception of Mario the owner who is still there.

It was a nice hotel but there was lots of pressure to eat in the hotel and the prices were very expensive. I remember us sneaking out via the back gate most evenings trying to avoid the manager (looks like he has left now). As soon as the gate clicked he would appear out of nowhere making you feel guilty that we decided to eat elsewhere. The pressure would start at breakfast with “I am going to the supermarket later, would you like me to buy an extra fish or some meat for your evening meal”. It seemed quite funny at the start but by the end of the week it was driving us crazy. Breakfast was an experience, when mamma (the cook) served two pieces of toast it was like she was serving the crown jewels. There was lots of unrest with the staff when I visited (the manager admitted to us that “these guests are driving me crazy”) but it looks like these issues have been resolved. New staff and better breakfast as well.

On the positive side, the rooms were beautiful. Great décor and views over the garden, pool and sea in the distance. Hotel was very quiet and it was very pleasant sitting around the pool in the comfortable sunbeds with virtually no one around. It was like having a private villa all to yourself.

We ate in the Nine muses restaurant and the food was very good. There is lots of good restaurant in Scala, just look at the following link for the latest reviews :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g189457-Cephal…

We booked with Sovereign. Thought Sovereign were excellent. Four years later I can still remember our rep Veronica who was one of the best reps ever. Extremely efficient and very friendly. When we arrived in Kefalonia airport she personally took us to the car. When we came home she was waiting for us at Kefalonia airport. The airport was extremely busy and she took us straight to the start of the queue and we were checked in straight away. She even went through security with us into the departure lounge. Amazing service & such a lovely person as well.

I am sure you will have a great stay, will be interested to hear about your experience when you return.

MyBelle - Good to hear from you. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. Where are you travelling in 2011?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

Hi!

We are planning to go back to Finikounda in The Pelopponese. Loved it there so much when we went in 2009. Can't book until May though, as that's the rules with working for my travel company. So, if it's full second choice will be Crete (probably Elounda or Sissi).

Hope you are well.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

Sounds great. We are going to Rome next in March. Counting down the days already!

Good to hear from you. Stay in touch.

5. Re: VILLA COSTA SCALA - Can anyone recommend a room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 06:18