We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport and hire cars

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport and hire cars

Hi all,

Could anyone please tell me if kefalonia airport is the type of place we would be able to sit and have a drink/food if we are waiting for some friends who arrive on a flight an hour or so after us?

We are all hiring a car together rather than pay the hefty taxi fees to aghi effimia but will have to kill some time...

Also, can anyone recommend a car hire company? Ive seen them for about £250 for a week which seems pretty steep? Also, would we be able to fit 4 people and 4 cases in a hire car/taxi?

thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport and hire cars

Cefalonnia airport has only a restaurant for coffe and snacks sandwiches etc. I think that pre booking taxi is a good idea but in Greece you can play with the prices everywhere. So if you don't have a problem ask for a better price.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport and hire cars

There is a cafe about a 2 minute walk from the airport. Just turn right out of the airport and the cafe is on your right hand side as the road bears to the left.

It overlooks the runway so you can see your friends arrive.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport and hire cars

Also forgot to say in my previous post.

Best place I have seen to hire a car is www.economycarrentals.co.uk.

to fit 4 people and 4 cases you are going to need a big car!!!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport and hire cars

Hi SkyBlue,

As markview says the nearby Taverna - Ikarus is a great place to while away the time while you wait for your friends flight. Food and drink are reasonably priced and theres even a swimming pool.

I'll respond seperately to another post about taxis from the airport.

We have always hired a car in resort because our transfers were included but this year travelled independently so shopped around for carhire from the airport & most of the price comparison sites came up with Argus as being the most competetive. There were four of us too so we went for a group C car which easily accommodated our 4 cases, hand luggage etc. Although booked through Argus the car itself was provided by Express rent a car, their site is just down a little lane next to the Taverna but they do meet you and drop you back at the airport on return. Their service was excellent and we would have no hesitation in using them again.

They have their own website www.expressrentacar.gr but as we only returned last night I've not checked to see what difference, if any there is between booking direct or through Argus.

Have a great holiday, you have chosen a beautiful island and lovely resort in Aghia Effimia .

5. Re: Airport and hire cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 05:29