We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay?

manchester
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay?

the views i have read are old,so would like to know the places to stay here that are relaxing,close to restaurants & bars ,not in the middle of nowhere.... any advice would be helpful.....

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay?

Katelious very relaxing and close to restauarants and bars also no steep hills

Skala if you book main skala loads of new places now moving out of skala along Poros road. but skala is alively village at night as all locals come out

Lassi man made strip of tavernas with accomadation spread up numerous hill but with in walking distance to main town Argostoli.

Lourdas has accomadation and a few tavernas near the beach but main accomadation about 2km up hill and there are numerous tavernas in the village which is actualy Valahata.

Hire a car for a few days as the Island is stunning

weve just come back from our 7th visit..

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay?

Hi maximum358

I've replied to your other posting (Lassi or Skala?).

Just a quick word to say that nanasuej's posting about Lassi is a little bleak.

Yes, the resort straggles along the main road to Argostoli and there are several apartment complexes on the hill behind the resort.

However, it has probably the best beaches on the island, excellent accomodation in the flat region between the road and the sea, an good choice of tavernas and several pool bars that welcome non-residents.

It is only a short transfer from the airport and is very close to Argostoli, a taxi costing only 6 Euros. It is walkable, but the hill, although not steep, is long and the pavement disappears for about 100 yards at the top.

I haven't stayed anywhere else on Kefalonia because I I like Lassi.

Colin

3. Re: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia