We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Cephalonia

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Cephalonia

Hi,

I will be staying at the Pericles in Sami this August for two weeks and have a couple of questions: Is it best to rent a car for the whole duration of my stay or would people recommend just a couple of days or one week? Are CBR and greekstones the best rentals? and also can I pick this car up somewhere in Sami itself?

I believe our closest beach is Antisamos? and that this is a 15min drive/1hour walk? so basically days without the car we will pretty much be restricted to days by the pool or wandering about the town of Sami? (not saying this is a bad thing just want to plan what we'll be doing)

Will we have any trouble parking at any of the beeches if we do get a car? and how much does that usually cost?

thanks very much

Mentioned in this post
Pericles Hotel
Pericles Hotel
508 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
Antisamos Beach
Antisamos Beach
2,333 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
kefalonia
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Cephalonia

The walk from Pericles into Sami is relatively flat. Another option, leaving Pericles,walking, turn left for Ag. Efemia a pleasant walk, 20 minutes or so playing fields on the right, the sea just beyond. No charge for car parking, except pay and display in Argostoli. The pool at Pericles is very good. Regular bus throughout the year to Argostoli but eary in the morning 0700 hrs ish and returns about 1300 hrs. There will be tours advertised locally, with pick ups at your hotel. Also boat trips and regular ferry to ITHAKI. If you have free/inclusive transfers to and from hotel, I would check out the area and available trips before deciding on length of car hire. Have fun, its high 30 s here now and will probably be up there right through August!

Mentioned in this post
Pericles Hotel
Pericles Hotel
508 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Sami
Sami
Cephalonia, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Cephalonia

Thanks. Is it not cheaper to get a car before hand then? Also any boat trips you recommend?

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Cephalonia

Yoy may find the website links below of some help...

http://www.panem-tours.com/

www.kefalonia.net.gr/en/infoidmini.asp…

Edited: 13 July 2011, 07:45
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Cephalonia

try www. venusrental.gr kostas will give you a quote and deliver to Perciles

and a good airplanes addition map as well.

5. Re: First time in Cephalonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 15:18