We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi - I'm booking Kefalonia for May 2012 - just wondering what the weather will be like - looking to boo either 15th or 22nd. Don't like it too hot - middle to late 20's is ok for me - but then don't want it cloudy. Any advice on best time in May to go????

Kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

perfect time to go, weather should be exactly how you like it mid 20's during the day, chilly at night though so take a jacket.

london
Level Contributor
756 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi,

We went the last week of May last year & the weather was lovely. It was in the twenties during the day & we only needed a cardi at night.

We thought it wasn't too crowded & will return again at that time of year as we have to go in school holidays.

Regards leo

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi there

Late May is the best time to go apart from early September, which is my favourite time as the sea is warm, which it probably won't be in May. But, everything will be open and the weather should be good, never any guarantees though

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi

We go for 2 weeks every May, sometimes the last 2 weeks, sometimes the last week in May/first week in June.

The last 2 years we found that the weather was still a little unsettled during our first week (ie 3rd week in May - departed UK about 13th) but then settled and was beautiful towards the end of that week and our 2nd week.

As a result we decided to go a week later this year - on the 20th. Given your choice of dates I'd opt for the 22nd, but as said previously, no guarantees!!!

Have a great holiday.

Manchester
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Just a line to say I agree with the above comments we go every May and September as the temp's are warm enough to sunbath or walking about without getting too hot, but still take the old suncream out with you. The later in the month you go it does get warmer. We usually go on the 3rd week, this year it is the 15th for two weeks in May, it has been known to reach 30c by the end of May on some occasions but in the afternoons there is a cool breeze in the resort where we go and that keeps it just perfect for these two veterans of Kefalonia.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

I was over on Zante last year may 23rd-30th and the weather was pretty rubbish if i'm honest, we had rain at some point every single day, at times torrential, but when it wasn't raining it was really nice, not too hot and not too windy, it was nothing like the same week usually is on Rhodes where I live, when the last week in may is usually cloudless and reaches the high 20's or low 30's daily with very little chance of rain even if you want some.

Went to Zante the same week in 1997 and it was absolutely ferocious, 38 degrees all day everyday, much like july or august, so I guess really in the Ionian it's far less predictable year on year than elsewhere in Greece.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Karavados, Greece
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

i left the island on 16 of december and it was between 15-17 celsius and sunny so hopefully in may will be around 23-27 and sunny all day

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

We were out in Kefalonia last May for 12 nights and it was gorgeous every day, no rain at all. We've been In Zakynthos in May too, unseasonably hot, in fact heading towards 40 degrees most days. Having said that when we've been in Zakynthos in sunshine one end of the island, it's been chucking it down the other end, so I don't see how you can compare one Ionian island to another, despite them being within "seeing distance" of each other. Many times we've sat on our balcony in bright sun in Kefalonia and Zakynthos has been covered by dense cloud. We were out in Kefalonia in October and had two weekends of storms and rain with absolutely glorious sun during the week inbetween. Our friends came back to the UK on the 9th December and between us leaving on the 26th October and them arriving back the weather was great. We're going for 3 weeks from the 1st May and looking forward to the springtime, and looking forward to our winter jaunt in February too.

Mentioned in this post
Zakynthos
Zakynthos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Hartlepool,England
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi we are going on the 20th - itseems as though the days are good but a fleecy needed at night - would that be right

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's weather like in Kefalonia in May

Hi I am going here 7th may 13, will it be warm enough to sunbathe