We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxis to Skala

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxis to Skala

Hi

How frequent are the water taxis between Katelios and Skala? And what is the cost please?

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxis to Skala

I have an old leaflet in front of me - two years old - but it may still be the same. When are you going out to Kefalonia? I am going out at the beginning of September again and can check for you then if no one else has replied to your query by then?

Anyway, old leaflet says:

Poros to Skala 9.45

Skala to Katelios 10.15

Katelios to Skala 10.45

Skala to Katelios 11.15

Katelios to Skala 11.45

Skala to Poros 12.00

Poros to Skala 15.30

Skala to Katelios 16.00

Katelios to Skala 16.30

Skala to Poros 17.00

Prices:

Poros to Skala 8 Euros

Poros to Katelios 10 Euros

Skala to Katelios 8 Euros

Katelios to Skala 8 Euros

Katelios to Poros 10 Euros

Skala to Poros 8 Euros

Round trip Poros Skala 15 Euros

Round trip Poros Katelios 18 Euros

As I say, bear in mind these prices are a couple of years old so have probably increased slightly. But hope this gives you a guideline as to the service offered on the M/Y Captain Kostis

You can ring for information on 00 30 6975 368975 (Greek mobile phone number)

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxis to Skala

Thanks, that's very helpful. We're likely to use it to Skala. Pressume that's just a short trip as it's only a few km away?

What's Poros like? Worth a visit during a short stay?

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxis to Skala

Poros is worth a visit. It was the original tourist spot on the south of the island before Skala took over that slot. It's more a working town now and interesting because of that. The harbour is slightly separate from the town. As you get off the boat, walk to your right out of the harbour (if you are facing away from the sea, go to your right) and you come to the little town. A few nice tavernas on the front for lunch. Not much of a beach so I wouldn't go for that. If you are staying in the Skala area, you will find the nearest bank is in Poros if you need it.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 09:08
4. Re: Water taxis to Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 10:17