We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where next!

London, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where next!

We visited Kefalonia in Summer 2011. We loved it there. I am a teacher but we found it wasn't too busy in August. We stayed in Lourdas. We would go back to Kefalonia but we'd like to visit another island.

I posted this in the general Greece forum and has one helpful reply. Any others ideas? We are looking for more adult resort, nice beaches and don't mind hiring a car to visit places. Good tavernas also a must!

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where next!

We have booked cephalonia for may really looking forward to it . We have loved skiathos and parga both had plenty of good Tavernas and beautiful views and beaches. Would also recommend santorini but not for the beaches and it does get very busy. Next time we go we are going to look into staying in oia for 3 nights then going over to crete. In the past I have looked where else regular posters on a particular form have spent holidays to point me in the right direction . Good luck and happy researching

London, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where next!

Is Parga on the mainland? I'm sure that is on my list to research! Where did you stay?

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where next!

Yes it's on the main land but had the feel of an island ! We stayed at the Astra apartments but they were very basic and no view but in good position . Would try somewhere else though next time . A friend stayed at the terra Verdi apartments and said they were fab would recommend parga also i seem to remember dracos apartments looked good .

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where next!

Try Lesbos Annaxos or Petra very laid back

reccomend Plaza Palace in Annaxos stayed there Aug this year and last year.

Also reccomend Thassos . lovely little island.

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where next!

Sorry I meant to put lesbos on my list as well . We loved annaxos although beach not in the same league as skiathos. Was the cheapest island we have been to ( free sun beds if you buy a drink or lunch) Petra had better choice of tavernas and molyvos beautiful and sort of similar to parga and skiathos easy to get around on the bus very laid back island and will return . I don't think you will go far wrong with any of the suggestions so far ( I am also looking at and researching afitos on the main land and crete for future holidays you could say I'm a bit obsessed with Greece )

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where next!

we always go to Kefalonia but tried Samos this year it was lovely.

Abertridwr, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where next!

As Elizabeth said Parga is on the mainland, but really does have an island feel to it, we were there in June and it was absolutely fantastic! Not absolutely packed with people just a nice steady flow! But through reading these forums it does seem as if July and especially August with one of the main Parga festivals being held is particularly busy,of course it is a bit more difficult for you with being a bit limited as to when you can actually take your holidays. It's definitely worth a look though!

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where next!

Hi

Parga is a beautiful little town in mainland Greece in the fabulous Epirus area (lovely beaches, historical sites, country villages, great tavernas with fab variety of food and drink). See some photos below -

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Parga+Greece+Pictures&qpvt=Parga+Greece+Pictures&FORM=IGRE#x0y0

However, it is extremely busy in August. I appreciate this is probably your only time to get away but if you went the last week in July and first week in August it would be much more manageable

If you hire a car then this opens up the whole area to you and you will certainly find some quiet and secluded spots - and see some stunning scenery in the nearby areas

Have Fun

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where next!

Sorry, the above link won't open, so try another -

http://www.pargagreece.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where next!

Thanks for all your help! I am looking at Parga now. We went to kefalonia on 30th July but will look at school calendar and see when we break up as might be able to get away for week before then! Are the beaches really Busy in August?

I'm also looking at Samos too. Can You fly easily or do you need a ferry?

Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia
Recent Conversations