We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort - Kefalonia in July

Haltwhistle, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort - Kefalonia in July

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are looking to go for a week in Kefalonia in early July. We know July/August aren't the best times to visit the Greek Islands but it's how things have to be due to getting time off work. We're both 29 and looking for somewhere laidback, not a party resort but with plenty of tavernas/bars and beautiful beaches. We won't be hiring a car so ideally we need somewhere with plenty to do, but where we can grab excursions from to get out for day trips. We were thinking Skala or Lourdas - he's worried Skala will be too busy and I'm worried Lourdas will be too quiet and spread out given our lack of car...any suggestions?

Cheers in advance!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,421 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which resort - Kefalonia in July

Hi Bogdan,

Cannot help about boats but for car hire these local companies have a good reputation.

Greekstones, Pefanis, Venus car hire.

The insurance provided by these companies covers everything with no excesses.

There are other reliable companies.

The car hire companies prefer cash and do not like credit cards because the credit card companies charge 2 - 3 % and keep the hire companies waiting for there money.

Bob

Bialystok, Poland
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Which resort - Kefalonia in July

Thx Bob

13. Re: Which resort - Kefalonia in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:17