We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

London
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

We are a family wishing to visit Cephalonia for the first time! We are looking for a luxury hotel but with self catering accommodation on site - does that exist? We would like to enjoy the hotel facilities but be in a self catering apartment or villa within the grounds. We are 4 adults & 1 child. Any suggestions would be very welcome!! Thank you

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Hi folks,

If such a place exists someone will know but I cannot think of anywhere. Having looked on websites at some of the hotels I know of, the best catering facilities in a room or attached villa is a kettle!!

The best idea I have is to look at a villa that has its own pool or alternatively an arrangement with a big hotel nearby to use their pool.

As far as I know most hotels let non-residents use their pool, bar, restaurant etc.

Sorry i cannot be of any more help

Bob

London
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Thank you for taking the time to reply Bob. Yes we usually have a villa which suits us as we can all be together as opposed to being in hotel rooms. But our daughter is now 6 & now wishes to be around other kids etc. Maybe an apartment ...?

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

you could try Ionian Sun in Lourdas.. they have a communal pool and apartments I think.. if you want swanky (with possibly a pricetag to match) try emelisse hotel in Fiscardo.. always looks beautiful arthotel.gr/emelisse/rooms/family-apartments/

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

or rent a villa and spend the day on the beach.. plenty of playmates there

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Hi scubagoose,

Well found!!

Bob

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

thanks Bob.. i have my eye on so many places round the world with family rooms.. we tend to book villas but I remembered from a previous year we were looking to do one week at our villa in old skala and a week in the north I looked at Emilesse.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Now all our youngsters have left the nest we tend to just use studios but have booked a villa this year in Agia Efimia. Will review it when we return!!

London
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Hey thank you for your great suggestions, I will look at those now! Yes I am thinking a villa possibly now.... With regards to Fiskardo, are the beaches there nice? Where on the island would you recommend for nice beaches but with a lovely little town to match?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

Sandy beaches tend to be around the South of the Island from Katelios to Lassi. Others are pebbles or rocky. Most will have sunbeds for hire so sunbathing on a pebbly beach is no problem.

If you are going to be bases in Fiscard then the following beaches are worth a visit. Going clockwise from the West coast :- Agia Jerusalem, Alikies, Eblysi, Foki. Others on the East coast are reachable by hiring a boat with outboard but these tend not to have sunbeds or cafe/bars (or other tourists!).

Assos is worth a visit

Myrtos Beach is best looked at from above as the swimming can be very dangerous (strong currents and shelving beach)

Agia Efimia is a nice resort but the beaches around there tend to be "sunbathing on flatish rocks and swimming from the rocks" beaches.

Enough from me. I will let others sell the praises of other equally good places. You will enjoy this island!

London
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any 'resort' hotels in Cephalonia....??

No Bob, you're doing a great job helping me! Here's a question for you - Skala or Lassi? I've been told both have lovely sandy beaches, both near to the airport. Both are family friendly with taverners & bars for evening....?