We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choosing a resort please!

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help choosing a resort please!

I am looking to travel to Cefalonia in late July but I can decide on a resort. I will be travelling with my partner and we are looking for a relaxing holiday but with the option of a few late bars. We would like a variety of restauants to choose from and ideally a sandy beach.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Hi there

Lassi sounds ideal, it's close to the airport and to the capital town of Argostoli, it has the best sandy beaches on the island, it has a good selection of bars and restaurants, but nothing OTT. It's also well located as a base from which to explore the island.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Hi clurest,

I agree with GB almost 100%.

Working through your criteria. Relaxing - anywhere on Ceph; late bars - anywhere on Ceph; variety of restaurants nearly anywhere on Ceph; sandy beaches - cuts out all but the South. That leaves Lassi, Katelios area and near Skala. Lassi will have the most late night bars of any of those I have mentioned.

It is not so close to the airport to let it interfere with your holiday and being near Argostoli is another big plus with perhaps even more nightlife.

Bob

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Katelios or Lassi both good places. Katelios as some good tavernas on the beach as well as lots of sandy beaches near by. great for relaxing. Lassi naer to capital Argostoli and some good bars and a nice evening in Argostoli a meal and people watching and good bars.

you will love it where ever you decided to go

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Lassi is nice and close to the action if there is any, Kefalonia is not that type of island it is very sort of the rural shires of the uk type of place not frantic but a working island . I would stay in Katelios because it suits me and my need for total laid back rand r there are larger resorts like skala and sami which are very nice and agia effimia spelling is a very nice village as is poros or you could push out the boat and stay in Ithaca any place you decide to stay will I am sure stay in your memory forever it is an enchanting island have a very special holiday

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Thank you all for the info, all very helpful!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

Hi again,

Hope you get the type of place you want. You will enjoy the island.

Bob

7. Re: Help choosing a resort please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia