We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Kefalonia

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Kefalonia

Hi all

Off to Lassi (White Rocks) for the first time on 14th July. Are there any boat trips that I am able to book that include visiting a few different places on the island plus a bit of swimming.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Island, it looks beautiful and can't wait.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,662 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Hi Vic,

There will be quite a lot of boat and coach trips that you can book. If you book through your travel rep then transport to the correct port will be included. If you book independently it will be cheaper but you will have to get to the boat yourself. There is a glass bottom boat trip from Argostoli that is good fun.

There are several boat trips from Skala

www.kefalonia-cruises.gr

Panem run coach trips around the island and to Ithaca

http://www.panem-tours.com/

bigcol, a destination expert for Lassi, has a link but I don't know how up to date it is

lassiinformation.webs.com/transport.htm

Hope this helps a bit

Bob

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Hi Travelbob

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, I quite fancy the glass bottom boat from Argostoli as it isn't too far away.

Should I book it direct, if so do you know whereabouts in Argostoli it is?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Kefalonia

When you walk through Lassi you will see boards advertising boat trips all over the island and Zante.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Yes, book direct for the Glass Bottom Boat, it's located at the far end of the harbour heading out towards Fanari Road, just before the Lixouri ferry. If you find Kalafatis taverna on the waterfront, then walk along the harbour, keeping the sea on your right you will come to it.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,662 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Kefalonia

If you are going to walk the way Rewsmissus suggests then allow an extra 15 mins to watch the turtles that are usually around the fishing boats in the harbour!!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Indeed, watching them is a pleasure, there has been a seal with them for the past couple of weeks also. Here's a link for another boat trip, they have just started this season, again from the harbour in Argostoli, but further towards the Lixouri ferry http://www.kefalonia-cruises.com/

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Many thanks for the replies guys, most helpful and SO looking forward to my first experience of Kefalonia.

We have been to Skiathos for the last couple of years, really enjoyed it there, and Halkidiki before that, it will be interesting to make comparisons. Have found the Greek people very warm and friendly in general, 2 weeks 6 days to go, not that i'm counting!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Kefalonia

Glass Bottom boat do an all day trip/beach barbecue every Friday also do 1/2 day trip Tuesdays and Thursdays

9. Re: First time to Kefalonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21