We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sami ferry to Lefkada

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Sami ferry to Lefkada

We are staying at Sami from 9th July and after 3 days going to Lefkada, so travelling on 12th July.

Am I right to think there is a ferry that goes from Sami to Lefkada?

Staying for 4 nights in Lefkada, then plan to come back to Kefalonia for 2 nights before flying home.

Any advice much appreciated.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,676 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

Hi Annabel,

If you are hiring a car then my advice would be to drive to Fiscardo and get the ferry from there to Lefkada. That is also the way I would returm.

I am not sure if there is a ferry from Sami to Lefkas but if there is then I think it would go via Ithaca.

Check with your car hire company that they are happy about you taking your car to a different island as the different companies have different policies.

Bob

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

I'd agree with Bob. There is a ferry on Saturdays and Sundays that goes from Sami to Lefkada and vice versa, but that appears to stop at the end of this month, June:

http://www.westferry.gr/English.html

Edited: 25 June 2013, 10:53
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

Different ferry company.

http://www.gtp.gr/ in theory 16:00 excl Mon, Wed.

www.gtp.gr/TDirectoryDetails.asp?id=20976

It's better to ask locally at the Sami ticket agencies whilst there for up to date ferry information.

If the ferry does run Plan B is round the mainland to Patras.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

There is also a service from Sami <> Astakos on the mainland, so a shorter plan B

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

Thanks for replies. Not taking a car, on arrival in Lefkada intended to make our way to Agiios Nikitas, staying at Afroiditi Pension. So will get a taxi.

Any more advice gratefully received. When in Sami, staying at Sami Beach hotel, so no doubt they may be able to advise?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,676 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

Hopefully Hotel can advise but Sami ticket agencies in town centre as Retired Hippy suggests are best bet.

There are a couple on main shopping street.

Bob

7. Re: Sami ferry to Lefkada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19