We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

cheshire
Level Contributor
987 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

looking for a greek island to visit sept/oct for a week.

we want somewhere not to quiet but not 18/30s place either.

somewhere with a good choice of restaurants/tavernas/bars with a bit of entertainment ie greek night, quizzes, music etc.

which part would be suitable?

also what is the weather like end sept beginning of oct.

regards tracey

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

Hi again,

Reading your wishes I would suggest Lassi although I am not sure about the quizzes. Skala is another alternative but it is a long way from Argostoli if you wanted a night in the capital.

Kefalonia is not a "party" island and does not attract the 18/30s people if I understand correctly what you mean

The weather can be unpredictable end of September going into October but have had glorious hot sunny days and just the occasional heavy shower (but the rain was warm!).

Evenings I sometimes need a long sleeved shirt and my wife takes a light cardigan.

Hope this helps

Bob

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

could you tell me if lassi has a resort centre or is it sprawling/spread out. I cant seem to see pictures of a village type area?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

Lassi is more or less a purpose built resort and most, but not all, the tavernas are close to the main street through the town. Hotels on the "inland" side of the road are often up quite steep, but short,hills.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

lassi hasnt a village centre. its a main road strip withTaverna and bars accommadation going up on side roads. Has some good beaches.

sheffield
Level Contributor
395 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

Lassi has lovely beaches and plenty of holiday souvenir type shops/tavernas etc but has no "heart", no village church etc. I always look for a village with a church and some of what I call "old guy's bars" where the old chaps sit and watch the world go by whilst using their worry beads. The beaches are really lovely and what it lacks in atmosphere is made up for by decent tavernas and really lovely beaches.

Kent
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

This is a great map link similar to Street View, you can do a virtual walkabout and it gives a very good idea of what the town is like. This one is for Skala but you can also link to some other Cephalonia resorts. http://www.justkefalonia.co.uk/skala.htm

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

thanks, i am humming and ahhhing whether Lassi is for me. I do like a village feel and also a nice harbour to

top it off would be my idea of heaven but the nice tavernas are swaying me, as is the price! LOL

Edited: 03 July 2013, 19:52
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

Villagy feel with lots of old men sitting in cafe/bars? Have a look at Agia Efimia but lots of the old men are British Tourists!!

Bob

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

think I may give that a miss then!!! thanks for the link will have a look now.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats cephalonia like,which resort,weather sept/oct?

ohhhh like the link. and lourdas if that's how its spelt.