We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Directions to Scala

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Directions to Scala

Hi there!

I've just received the driving directions to the villa we will be staying at near Mounda.

Its been a few years since Ive been to Kefalonia but my recollection of driving from the airport, I drove past the large supermarkets & through Lassi.

I'd planned to do a big shop on the way to the villa but the driving directions this time seem to take me another way - seems like a very windy route through Lakithra, Peratata no mention of Lassi .....

Can anyone tell me if this route - from my totally garbled explanation (!!) will still take me past the supermarkets? I'm guessing probably not?

Many thanks in advance!

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

it wont take you past the supermarkets.. we tend to go that windy way if we dont want a big shop.. if you do then go your lassi way an pick up the directions .. the way they are sending you will come out near the grill under the castle so you should be able to pick up the directions there where they tell you to turn right onto the main road.

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

Thanks Scubagoose!

So from memory, I just turn left coming out of the airport & follow the road through to Lassi?

Supermarkets were about 5 minutes outside Lassi?

Thanks again

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

yeah.. when you go through Lassi you have to turn right at the then drive to the end do a left then right an you are on the skala road.. over the roadabout and you will see Lidl etc after a while

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

Hi ClaireMarie,

From the roundabout mentioned by scubagoose it is about 2.5 km to the next roundabout and the supermarkets are all near this roundabout. There is Lidl, AB and another beginning with M that I can never remember!

Bob

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

thank you both!

16 sleeps & counting ...

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

18 sleeps for me.. cant wait either.. im becoming a little obsessive about Greek food and dreaming of my holiday

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

ha ha me too! Havent been to Kefalonia for 5 years and just so excited to be going back!

Have a great holiday!

UK
Level Contributor
588 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

ah.. I was there at Easter.. still cant wait though..

9. Re: Driving Directions to Scala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18