We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester long stay parking

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester long stay parking

Going next Sunday and just booked our Manchester T2 "on airport" long stay parking and it shows that entry has now changed from credit/debit card recognition (which was useless i.m.o) to vehicle registration recognition so I was wondering if anyone has used it lately and if it works ok. Also has anyone booked a car just for the day with Pefanis and if so how much would we be looking at

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Have used T2 long stay. The machine at the barrier gives you a token now to use on your exit. I had to press the buzzer for the controller as it didn't recognise my reg number. This was in April. The car using the adjacent barrier had no problems.

Sorry haven't used pefanis.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Cheers Rach

Same problems as the old system then it seems unless it was just suffering teething problems in April being new

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Used Manchester Airport long stay car park terminal 2 and the multi storey terminal 2 in June and July respectively for both trips to Kefalonia. No problem at all with number plate recognition system, and the token worked perfectly on leaving. The only reason I won't be using the car parks again in September is that I fly from terminal 2 and return to terminal 1 - Thomson out, Thomas Cook back.

I can't help with Pefanis as I always use Greekstones. Pefanis have good reviews though.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester long stay parking

CLaw

Thanks for that. It has to be better than the old system which probably only recognised our cards a couple of times out of maybe 10 visits. We hired a Pefanis car for a week in July but I would assume we would have to pay more than 1/7th of the weekly cost for just a day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester long stay parking

I'm not being very helpful here but also leave next sunday from manchester :) exciting x

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Hi monyash,

I just did a quick dummy booking and it seems like 25 euros a day for small cars from airport

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Nowt wrong with being excited 86

Are you Monarch, Thomsons or TCook

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Cheers Bob.....25..cant grumble at that. Having a lazy holiday but will be driving across from Skala to your Ag Ef for lunch one day to see if its changed since we stayed there about 12 or so years ago (which i doubt it has). And your tip for the best restaurant for lunch by the harbour is ??????

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester long stay parking

Presumably T2 is the same as T1 vehicle recognition system. Used it last month with no problems. For some who mess with their number plates it might confuse the system.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester long stay parking

We love Spiros. To be honest all the ones along the harbour are pretty good. Have found Poseidon a bit disappointing in service. Galios the café/bar on the corner is good for snacks.

Enjoy yourself

Bob