We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cephalonia from Athens in September

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cephalonia from Athens in September

I want to go to Cephalonia/Kefalonia in September (namely the 19th to 23rd) but can´t find any ferries going on these dates or surrounding dates and the flight prices are looking like $400 return (a little out of my price range). There seems to be a bus from Athens to Argostoli but I can´t find any way to book this. Can someone please advise the best way for me to get there?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cephalonia from Athens in September

are you 100% on kefalonia ?it takes many-many hours with the local bus(KTEL)...and that after a flight from australia?you will be exhausted and you'll waste 2 days( the first and the last) of the 5 you only have..

anyway if for some reason you are set on that..i found the local KTEL bus timetables..better to check with the phones i'll give you to make sure they are accurate..

when you arrive in athens airport you take the X93 bus from outside the airport that takes you to athens KTEL station in kifissos and from there you take the ktel bus to kefalonia..

ATHENS-KYLLINI-ARGOSTOLI (VIA POROS) ..IT LEAVES ATHENS KTEL STATION AT 06.45 AND 13.45

ATHENS-SAMI-LIXOURI IT LEAVES ATHENS KTEL STATION AT 8.30

ATHENS-SAMI-ARGOSTOLI IT LEAVES ATHENS KTEL STATION AT 8.45 AND 17.00

THE PHONE NUMBER TO VERIFY THAT IS 210 5150785..if you are calling from australia you need to dial the code for calling greece first..(210 is the athens code)

for the return to athens the timetables seem to change from summer season to off season so better check the local ktel stations

argostoli ktel station(where most buses to athens depart from) 26710 22276 and 26710 22281

lixouri ktel station 26710 93200 .again ,calling from australia you should dial the code for greece first.. 26710 is the kefalonia code

hope this helps..i am not even sure the guys at ktel bus can speak proper english lol

Edited: 29 August 2013, 05:34
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cephalonia from Athens in September

Hi there

You'd be better off flying into London or one of the other European hubs and then taking a cheap flight directly to Kefalonia. By the time you've connected between flights it won't necessarily be any quicker than going to Athens but at least you won't have 5 or 6 hours on a bus from Athens to Kefalonia

3. Re: Cephalonia from Athens in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:19