We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Seat Pitch

wiltshire
Level Contributor
143 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Seat Pitch

Which airline does the longest seat pitch for direct UK flights to Kefalonia?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

Hi there

I've no idea what the pitch is but easyJet always seems to have plenty of room. My father-in-law is 6ft 5in and he always flies to and from various parts of Greece on EJ

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

I go with GB devises. I travelled with Thomas cook on a 757 to Cephalonia and it was uncomfortable. Last week I travelled to Cyprus with easy jet and I was very comfortable. I am 6 ft 2ins

wiltshire
Level Contributor
143 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

Thanks for the info but what is Easyjet like for travelling that distance? I've used it extensively in the UK flying to Scotland and it always is like travelling cattle class and that is not a pleasant experience unfortunately!

Level Contributor
65 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

We've flown with Easyjet to Athens many times and prefer it to most other airlines.

Relatively new aircraft, impeccably clean. Polite, efficient staff,and,as mentioned, plenty of space on board.

The service is even better now that you can pre book seats (eradicates the need for a stampede when the gates open)

Edited: 19 October 2013, 22:05
Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

I agree - easyJet are fine now that you can pre book seats and board in a relaxed manner. I wouldn't use them before because of the chaos at the departure gates, but will now very happily.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

The easyJet A320 we few to Crete in last month was under a month old and sparkling clean. I've never found EJ to be "cattle class" I have to say. You can choose seats now for as little as three quid each way which as has been mentioned, cuts out the mad rush for the best seats. I also agree about Monarch, their 757s are wrecks, dreadfully uncomfortable seats and a very small pitch.

UK
Level Contributor
591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

you can prebook the extralegroom seats on easyjet now too.. for a little extra £

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

All the pitch/width and other information you seek will be in here

seatguru.com/browseairlines/browseairlines.p…

Using Easyjet for the 1st time next year (Naxos via Mykonos) Sick of sitting over the wings every flight I go on so pre-booked seats for just £3 each way....only 20p more expensive than an in-flight PG in a paper mug !!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,921 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

Not sure if they go to Kef, and they aren't listed on the seatguru website, but Germania have very good legroom - I went to Skiathos with them and noticed that there is at least one row of seats 'missing' because the pitch is so good, i.e. it went straight from row 16 to row 18 or similar.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline Seat Pitch

Steve

Easyjet fly to Kefalonia but only from Gatwick (as per usual)

28 inch pitch / 18 inch width according to seatguru below

seatguru.com/airlines/…fleetinfo.php

Germania,s legroom sounds good news when landing at Skiathos when pressing the imaginary brakes