We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Vangelis boat trips

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Captain Vangelis boat trips

Are these appropriate for small children? Our son will be 2.5. Hoping to find a boat trip that won't be too long and have a few stops so that we can enjoy it without a v restless toddler getting cranky!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Vangelis boat trips

Hi Rachel,

In my opinion they will be too long for him. They are about 7 -8 hours with two stops for refreshments and a couple of stops in bays where you swim from the boat.

How about taking him on the water taxi from Skala to Katelios, spending the day there and then back again?

Alternatively you could rent a boat with an outboard for the day and visit small beaches. You can rent them in Katelios.

agni.gr/kefalonia_travel_guide/…Motor Boat Hire in Katelios

Enjoy Kefalonia

Bob

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Vangelis boat trips

Hi again Rachel,

Having seen on your other posts that you are not staying in Skala, you could stop in Katelios and take the water taxi the opposite way round!

It would also make a nice drive through the mountains to Agia Efimia and hire a day boat there as there are lots of small coves North of Agia Efimia that are only accessible by boat.

Bob

bristol
Level Contributor
674 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Vangelis boat trips

There is quite a lot or room on Captain Vangelis boat so he would be able to walk around and as the sides are not too low he should be safe. Otherwise as Bob says, a hire boat but I think I would be nervous with a two year old. Obviously, he would have a life jacket but when you pull into a cove you have to anchor up etc. I have seen these boats go out with small children on board so it is up to the individual to decide. You may be accustomed to taking a boat out so it would not be a problem then,

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Vangelis boat trips

Hi Rachel

I'm pretty sure that Captain Vangelis also does shorter trips, in a glass bottomed boat from Skala and someone else, can't remember the name, does a similar one from Argostoli harbour.

We've done the full day trips many times, not with Captain V as we sail from Fiscardo, but in essence the same trip. Each time there have been toddlers/babies onboard. Some have been perfectly fine, others have been well and truly cranky!

Keep in mind that although full day trips you're not sailing for much longer than an hour - hour and a half at a time.

I personally would'nt relax for 5 minutes with a toddler on the small self drive boats. At the end of the day nobody knows your little bundle of joy like you do :-) your call!!

5. Re: Captain Vangelis boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16