We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Hi everyone

Is this a reputable car hire company please?

www.pefanis-carhire.com/en/bookings/index

The website is very user-friendly and the prices seem much better than other websites I have come across. So I am worried!

Any help appreciated!

Many thanks :o)

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Although I haven't used this company I believe they are reputable as they have been around for years.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Hi,

I tried booking with them for this June and they didn't have any availability for what i was after which means they are popular.

They also get very good recommendations on TA.

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Dont be worried...excellent reputable company

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

We have used Pefanis quite a few times. No problems at all. Their prices have always been best for us.

On their website there is usually an email adress. Email them. Michael has always come back really quickly.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Hi Rachel

We used them for the first time last September, partly due to price and partly due to them being very highly recommended here. At the same time as booking we also booked for this May/June

To be honest we weren't over impressed, but maybe we were just unlucky. Firstly we arrived at the airport amid a thunderstorm, we were told at the Pefanis desk that our car was a silver one and we scoured the car park in the rain looking for it, we looked for the colour first thinking the registration secondary. We eventually found it, a very dark gunmetal - almost black!

We gave it the once over and my other half was a little concerned about the low tread on the tyres, however the Pefanis desk was already closed and we didn't have far to travel. The overall condition of the car was poor, I would have to say it was one of the worse we've had anywhere, certainly the worse on Cephalonia.

When we returned to the airport there was a long queue at the desk so we waited until our return home before contacting them by email.

We asked for some reassurance that this years car would be better and were advised that they would do their upmost to ensure that we are given the best they have available.

I'm sure the other responses you receive will be more positive, so maybe as I stated earlier we were just unlucky, it left us with quite a dilemma but, rightly or wrongly we decided to give them one more try based on their email!

Jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

We use them every year and have had the best service. The price quoted includes everything, there are no hidden extras. Please email and book ahead and if possible, pay in cash when you arrive in Kefalonia airport. Hope you enjoy one of the best Greek islands ever!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

We have used Pefanis in the past & were pleased with their service & pricing.

We thought their new website for this year looked good as did the pricing but although their actual quote for our June/July trip was competitive, their quote for our August/September trip seemed expensive.

The price quoted on their website was significantly lower than their actual quote.

It is certainly worth asking them for a quote but would recommend you get an alternative quote/s.

Travelbob has listed alternative car hire companies on previous posts.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Meant to say in my previous post we didn't book with them for either of our trips this year.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

Thank you everyone- very helpful. We are going last two weeks of June and a little worried we have left booking car high rather late! Will see what prices / availability they have. Fingers crossed we are not too late!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire - is Pefanis ok?

If you want to compare against Pefanis, try these below. They tend to be the most recommended companies .......in all of Bob's posts along with the rest of us. We've used most of them except Pefanis ironically. I actually found cephaoloniarentacar had the price prices for this July and therefore booked a Jeep for 2 weeks with them.

We used www.car-hire-kefalonia.com/ with no issues and good service, plus we booked it fairly late and close to our holiday in September

greekstones-rentacar.com/english/company.htm

http://venusrental.gr/newen/#!/cars-models

http://www.cbr-rentacar.com/index.html

cefaloniarentacar.com/index-english.html

http://www.neptune-rentacar.com/index.html

Edited: 16 April 2014, 23:57