We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalonia Family Holiday

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi

I am planning a family holiday to Kefalonia next year (2015) in July and am flying from Cardiff. I am looking for self catering accommodation for 2 adults and 2 teens (who will be aged 12 and 16). Can anyone recommend any apartments/hotels. I have been to Kefalonia about 2 years ago and love the island, but went as a single person. I have looked on different travel sites and am expecting to pay up to £2000 (that includes flights etc). But as I have previously booked direct with the accommodation I would like to do this again. Any advice and recommendations welcome.

Many thanks!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,419 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi Angela,

It would be easier for all of us if you could decide on a couple of resorts first.

With teenagers I would suggest Lassi, Skala or Katelios first with perhaps Fiscardo or Lixouri as back ups.

My favourite resort is Agia Efimia but perhaps it is a bit quiet as is probably Lourdas.

Have a look at this link to help

agnitravel.com/kefalonia_travel_guide/…

Bob

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

We book independently and stay at the Venia Studios in Lassi, ideally located and spotlessly clean, the owners are lovely, the proprietors Irene and Nikos can not do enough for you, they do have an apartment which would suit your family as well as studios, take a look at their web site. We have been going to Kef for many years and I can honestly say the Venia Studios is one of the nicest places that we have stayed in.

Good luck with your search !!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi Bob

Many thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure which parts of Kefalonia would be the better one for the kids. I will have a look at the resorts you suggested.

Hi Sue

Many thanks for the recommendation! Will have a look Xx

Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi

My children are not much younger than yours and they love going to Skala. I have travelled independently and with a tour company. We have found that looking for apartments to accomodate us all can sometimes be restrictive and so quite often we go for two studios and that helps to widen your search. Unfortunately over the last couple of years we have booked with a tour company because to find accommodation with a pool (children's request!) in Skala was quite difficult. I am sure that others will come forward with some suggestions.

5. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 15:05
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi Angela we are also from the Cardiff area and for the last 2 years have flown from Cardiff Airport, but this year the cost was to high, nearly £500 each so we have booked from Gatwick this year, think the flights cost us £139 each (we booked the day after the flights came out). We stayed at the Constantinous apartments in Lassi over looking the main beach, i will try and find a link for them.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

booking.com/hotel/gr/constantinos-apartments…

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

Hi. We goy back ladt nigjt with 14 yr old boy. On wifi all week. Nothing to do.i would not go again with him.

Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

hi

We love Kefalonia and so do my children (11 and 14). I think it depends what your children are into as to whether they enjoy themselves or not. Mine love a day out in the car, at the beach or just the pool and then a meal out in the evenings. They are the ones who request to go back but then they have never been into kids clubs, entertainments etc. Skala is our favourite!

10. Re: Kefalonia Family Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 20:35