We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Runcorn, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend would like to visit Lassi at the end of May. We are looking to rent a car to explore the island but we do not want to pay a large surcharge because of our age. Most of the companies i have found have either a 25 years or over policy, requires a large deposit or extra surcharges. If i do not find a rental company with a suitable price we will be unable to visit Lassi and will have to look elsewhere. Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 23:31
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

I don't think that the issues is confined to Cephalonia, but Greece, per se, and it seems to be an insurance related one (as it is here for insurance and younger drivers to be fair). Have a look at this discussion, it might help (although the discussion is about Crete)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189413-i424-k61…

I have no knowledge of these companies, but the first states hirers must be over 21 and hold a credit card

greekstones-rentacar.com/english/terms.htm

rent-a-car-kefalonia.gr/Info-Frequently-Aske…

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,308 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Hi Rachel and welcome,

Greekstones is a very reputable local company on the island with the advantage that everything is covered if you have an accident. They are recommended by many regular visitors.

This is the first time I have heard of the second company but that does not mean there is anything wrong with it.

By the way if your boyfriend has not driven in Greece before he might like to look at this video

http://www.goinggreek.info/driving.html

Have a great time

Bob

Cheshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

I would suggest you email some companies stating your age and total driving years because what they say on there web page and what there insurance company allows may change and the hire companies forget to alter there web pages. Well it's worth a try.

Runcorn, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Thankyou for the suggestions.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Rachel,

Did you ever hire a car? I am also 22 and thinking of doing the same thing this June and wanted to see if you had any updated advice.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,308 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Hi Peter,

Rachel only visited Tripadvisor forums twice so might not see your question.

The best way to contact her is to click on her name in blue. This gets you to "her" page. Down on the left-hand side is an envelope. Click on it and you can send her a message where she gets alerted in her normal email post. her reply works in such a way that neither finds out the others email address. Apologies if you know all this.

Hope it is some help

Bob

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your kind advice. It is appreciated! I sent a private message and will post if I hear back.

Best,

Peter

Cheshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

I am in Lassi at the moment and Avis have a age limit of 21 + 1 years experience. They are not the best price at €35 a day.( 3 day hire)

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

Hi Anne,

Thanks for letting me know about Avis. It is very nice to know there are in fact cars available for 22 year olds. I will use Avis is a backup (as you mentioned I could likely find another deal), but will plan my trip according to having a car now.

I really appreciate all the help!

-Peter

Runcorn, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire in Lassi for a 22 year old

I have jus replied to your message Peter. Me and my boyfriend have decided to visit Zante. We are hiring a car with Avis as they are a realible company. The price of the rental was perfectly acceptable with a small young drivers fee.

Get answers to your questions about Cephalonia