We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

Hi

I am coming from Lefkada on sunday 6th July and staying a Hotel in Lourdata.

I believe I can get a ferry to either Friscardo or Sami.

But I cant confirm any information on how to get across to Lourdata on Sunday?

I think there maybe a bus from Friscardo to Argostoli, but I cant find anything from Sami.

I was hoping to hire a car but as I get the ferry out of Pessada, I need to get across west first or find someone that is willing to do a one way for not too much.

any suggestions?

any buses from Sami on sundays?

can anyone confirm the friscardo sunday bus?

thanks

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,249 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

Hi and welcome,

There are no buses on a Sunday on the island with one exception. The exception is the bus to and from Poros to connect to the mainland. From Poros to Argostoli it leaves Poros at 15:30 and 23:00.

This however is no good to you!

The only ways are 1. Taxi costing around 90€ from Fiscardo or 55€ fron Sami 2. Hitch hike. 3. Ask around on the ferry for anyone going to Argostoli, or Airport from where a taxi is about 30€ to Lourdas or the ferry at Pesada.

If you delay for a day or stay in Fiscardo overnight then there is a bus on Mondays 06:00 and 16:30.

From Sami on Monday the bus to Argostoli leaves at 08:00 and 18:00

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Bob

Edited: 20 June 2014, 12:35
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

Oh dear i though maybe as much!

Brilliant information - thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

Is Sami a reasonable size town/ferry - I am thinking we go there and try and hitch and if not then its cheaper for a taxi.

I have been trying to get in contact with Fotis who is manager of rent a car in Sami, who my hotel recommended might rent us a one way car - but I cant seem to find a website or email?

Dont suppose you know him?

or have any car rental advice or contacts?

many thanks again travelbob31

tm

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

For anyone else reading this, my hotel has said that there are buses on Sundays from Sami - guess will see when i get there!

they said;

"The main bus service never stops. Only somr local.. "

I also found these timetables - though no guarantees how current they are as theyre on travel websites rather than the bus company itself

http://kefapps.com/bus_service.html

http://www.allkefalonia.com/ou-buses.html

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,249 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

Hi,

There used to be a bus service from Argostoli to the Greek mainland using a ferry. They ran via both Sami and Poros ports. I have been told that the route via Sami has been dropped. The latest timetable confirms this. It shows the only Sunday service on the island being between Argostoli and Poros.

The timetable is the one for June but the one for May and April showed exactly the same.

I suppose they could re-introduce the Sunday Sami service in July and August but I doubt it.

Sami is a reasonable size town with plenty of tavernas and café/bars. There are also places advertising studios for rent but I have no idea how good or bad they are. Many hotels are on the outskirts of town

A taxi would be about 50€.

I don't have any names of car hire companies in Sami and have never heard of Fotis. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him, or her!!

Hitchhiking is a possibility. The only main problem is that a couple of km outside Sami in the direction you want, the road forks. Right fork to Argostoli, left fork to Poros and Skala.

Bob.

5. Re: Sami or Friskcardo to west(Argostoli/airport) on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:17