We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

We are at avithos resort in Svornata (in south of island) and really want to see shipwreck beach tomorrow (Tuesday). Especially with Myrtos beach closed this seems like the next big attraction in the area. We do not have a car (22 years old not 23) but can stomach a reasonably priced cab or other option to a boat. Does anyone have any ideas? Most options do not run on Tuesday including the boats that leave from Skala.

Thank you!

Peter

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

Hi Peter,

Greekstones will rent you a car if you are 21. They have an office in Svoronata. Make sure you tell them you want to go to Zakynthos.

greekstones-rentacar.com/english/terms.htm

Do not know, obviously, whether they will have one available for one day especially as lots of planes arrive on a Tuesday.

Bob

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

Hi bob,

Thank you as always for your kind response. Unfortunately they are all out of cars and I do not have an international license.

Peter

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

Vastly over-rated attraction. Its just a rusty old heap of scrap now on a very sharp, shingle beach. You can only get to the beach by sea or you can see it from above from a crowded viewing platform that has recently been shortened for safety reasons. Save your money & don't waste your precious holiday time travelling from Ceph.

It really is nothing like the lovely photos you've seen.

P.S. If you really want to see it, get a ferry to Aghios Nikolaos on Zakynthos & then a boat trip from there but you'll need to allow all day.

Personally I wouldn't bother.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 17:22
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

there are other reports that also say it's overrated..lack of shade,hurt feet if you don't have the right beach shoes are two of the most mentioned flaws..

peterborough
Level Contributor
978 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

If I wanted to go to Zante for the day, I think I would go with Captain Vangelis,his boats leave from Skala beach, but I cannot remember the days he goes to Zante, he goes to the ship wreck, St, Nicks and stops in Alykanas for lunch.You can book it in other resorts,also he goes to Ithaca, I have never done the trip to Zante as we often holiday there, but have spoken to people that have and they enjoyed it.

6. Re: Help - how to get to shipwreck beach from Svornata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:17